• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

broken barb,

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jwells1989

Feb 21, 2007
does anyone know if you can build a new barb for your spear, mine has snapped off but the spear is still perfectly good and just thought it was a waste to put a new spear on.

any help appreciated.

josh

Josh - you can buy new floppers from most of the spearfishing suppliers. You should checkout: www.spearo.co.uk; portland oceaneering and apnea_intro. I know you can buy these and fit them yourself.

James

yes you can buy the kit with barb and nail in almost any shop. I bet that dave at spearo.co.uk must have this item.

I wonder who is minding the shop as Dave is in Cadiz at the moment with the Great Briatin team for the European Championships. Good luck to him and the team.

So Spaniard, said that a barb is replaceable, what's the fresh news about the english team? I'm all twisted about the huge numer of "Daves" (O'callaghan, Bartlett, Pearce) and I never could realize what dave is "our" Dave...And the italian team too has a Davide in the starting three. Maybe this helps with Goliath Groupers, he he...
(maybe we should open an Eurochamps thread, but anyway...).

Reactions: stuckinsurrey
I heard from Eric Smith, one of the team manager yesterday, he told me the team were in very good spirts and diving well. Team is Dave Thomasson of
spearo UK, Martin Trotsky, Lee Deighton and Kevin Daly. At one stage last week they were diving to an average depth of 22m with the longest bottom time of 2.40sec.

Kev

Reactions: spaghetti
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT