• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

BSA Comp dates

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

KWM

Jan 7, 2006
Hello for those that might want to give it a go here are the dates for BSA comps this year. All welcome. If you are not a member of the BSA, if you want to have a go come along to any of the comps pay your entrance fee and become a member automatically. It would be nice to see some of the lads from Gurnsey.

Sussex: Bognor. From Boats, 28th April, Back up date 12th May

Jersey: 29th July, no back up date.

Southsea: Thurlston, 31st August (Friday), Back up 22nd September.

London International Club: Talland Bay, 8th September, back up 15th September.

Exeter: Sandy Bay, 9th September, back up 23rd September.

Portland Pairs Dive 30th June. All welcome, including Non-BSA members. Meet at pre-arranged time, finishes at prearrange time. Boats allowed. This will be a non-points dive, but prizes will be awarded for biggest fish for each species.

Kev

Hey Kev. Welcome back. Did nobody on DB notice the big four oh, five days ago. Belated happy birthday mate. Hope you had a good one.

Dave

Thanks Dave

Any of the Gurnsey lads likely to go to Jersey for the comp?

If I've got my dates right the Jersey comp. is the weekend when a load of us DB loonies are going over to Guernsey for a pis.... I mean a spearfishing weekend......maybe we'll all go together :)

Yeah KMW happy belated birthday :) That is an interesting concept Spaniard, but I think we might be preoccupied in Guernsey!
Personally I have never entered a spearfishing comp but can remember attending many weigh ins with anticipation. Maybe those were the good old days in Guernsey because we have nothing like that now!

My competiton days are behind me now; I can't justify it to myself but maybe of interest to those who have never competed. I daresay we will be extremely busy in Guernsey and i'll be more than happy to stay there; someone has to prop Podge up at the bar rofl rofl

In agreement with the Jersey club the date of this comp has been changed to Saturday 28th July.

Kev

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT