• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Buford Springs FreeDiving Report 06272015

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

GatorFree

Jun 28, 2015
Went out to Buford Springs today with a couple of friends to do a little freediving. This place is by far out favorite spring to visit. Only saw two other people out that day as is the norm for how the access is not as easy as most springs. The swamp walk there was dryer than usual, almost didn't need the rubber boots. The water is clear and not browned out, more fish than usual with plenty of striped bass and bluegill watching us curiously. Both my friend and I got some personal bests touching the floor with the giant white tombstone rock. The cavern map on google search shows this rock at around 110' but without dive watches we were unable to verify. Either way the pressure you feel at that depth on your lungs is intense. We dove for about an hour and a half getting some good footage. I particularly like exploring the innards of the ridge at around 30-40 feet. The array of trapped air bubbles and the amount of fish present makes for some interesting eye candy paired against the white rock of the cavern's ceiling. We took some time at the end of our trip to walk to the end of the spring run looking for the Gator Siphon in the same cavern map mentioned above. The water is only about a foot deep all the way back until a small pool forms. Our entrance into the water stirred up so much silt it was impossible to see anything although from the map it seems like a very tight hole anyways not so much suitable for freediving. Overall a great trip and I can't recommend this place highly enough. A true treasure.

Hey , did you add the footage to youtube? Let me know... i live in miami fl area I am new to freediving, i will try this place as soon as i can.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT