• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Buying new fins....

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

TerjeS

Apr 10, 2004
Hi all!
Because my picasso black team fins are begining to be a little to small, i am going to buy some new. After a little surf on the internett and on scubastore i am thinking of one of these fins:

- Cressisub Gara 3000 (http://www.scubastore.com/shop.asp?id_familia=3&id_subfamilia=18)

- SPORASUB, H.DESSAULT PURE CARBON (http://www.scubastore.com/shop.asp?id_familia=3&id_subfamilia=18)

- SPORASUB, PURE GRAFIBER (http://www.scubastore.com/shop.asp?id_familia=3&id_subfamilia=18)

Someone who has experience with some of these fins, or maby have suggestion for some other fins?

From everything I have heard forget the Pure carbons, they are absolute crap (from what i have heard) if you want to get carbon fiber fins invest in a pari or C4's
Cressis are good
sporasubs look good, but have no idea about them at all, its more or less the same as the OMER BAT fins but with a toe angle
From what I see you don't really have a budget for your fins (Pure fins cost like 250€) i suggest you get some SPECIALFINS!!!
THese fins are amazing handmade super things! They are made just the way you want them

Visit www.specialfins.com
or
Email Jyri@specialfins.com

He will gladly respond to any questions you have, he did with me

Forget plastic, only worth to get in caves... for long or/and dive deep get fiberblades.

Have a look at the Matrix: awesome power, easy to swimm around (progressive blade) and look at the prize!!!

I never heard of anybody had snap a pair... really reassuring!

180cm and 75kg, I start to get cramps with black escalpez after 5-6h of good current swimming. With the #4 matrix I'm still waiting for a cramp and my diving buds . But must people like the #3: an "easy on the legs" blade with plenty of backbone.

Specialfins have good angled blades and get excellent reports (I need to get a pair to find out). Any of those two blades could easily be a better choice than must of the carbon junk you can see out there :naughty .

With any of those blades you want to be really careful at the stiffness you choose: better if you are able to try first.

You can find plenty of threads about the bats (Omer), but I don't think they are better than the Matrix... well they look better! but for your bucks you can get a better fin... and a can of paint!

Of course with plenty of cash you want a pair of C4... like the rest of us :waterwork !

Originally posted by Pablo
Have a look at the Matrix: awesome power, easy to swimm around (progressive blade) and look at the prize!!!

Do you have a link?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…