• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question c4 300 and 400 foot pockets

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeepAbyss

Feb 11, 2018
hello,
i want buy the c4 surfer 300 or c4 dolphin 400
Anyone have experience with them?
How the measurements in relation to other companies wide, narrow, long, short?
Are they suitable for spearfishing?
How do they compare to the beuchat mundial footpocket? i am size 39-40 in the mundial I use them barefoot.
Is C4 suitable for barefoot use?
Thanks

I'm also looking at either of these fins. Can't really find any difference in the ads regarding the 300 vs the 400. I think they'd both be suitable for spearing though.

The main difference is the material on which they're made; 300 are lighter and 400 are a little bit heavier but more comfortable and easier to wear.

Reactions: ShawnM
The main difference is the material on which they're made; 300 are lighter and 400 are a little bit heavier but more comfortable and easier to wear.

Thanks for the reply! What about the fin design between the dolphin and the surfer? The surfer appears to have some cutouts around the fin tip compared to the dolphin.

I just received a pair 300 footpockets the other week to try out and decide if they or the 400's will go on my alchemy blades arriving later this month.

I haven't tried the 400's however if you use 2+mm neoprene socks the 300's seems awesome and match your actual shoe size. Not something i would use without socks tho since the edges are pretty hard because of the material that is being used so if not using neoprene socks you would most likely get some problems after a few hours. However I've heard people actually burning the edges to make them rounder which according to them makes the footpockets good for bare feet. I can't comment on that tho.

However their boot shape fit better than any footpockets I've ever tried, and because of the less elastic material i believe those brands that states that it improves efficency. I'm a size 8 and 40-41 fits me perfect ALL around the foot with 3mm socks. More perfect that any footpockets with any thickness of socks have ever fit me before.

Even with lycra socks where they will be a bit too large the heel will still not rise from the footpocket when finning because of the shape and material of the footpockets. I would find it unbelievable if anyone ever needed to use fin keepers with these unless they went bare foot and went two sizes up from their actual shoesize.

Since i prefer using 2 or 3mm socks with my fins, i can't really find a reason for why i would order a pair of 400 . Some people complain about the 300 being harder than the 400 to put on, and yes they aren't as easy to put on as for example a pair of pathos fireblade or others but after trying them with my current carbon blades i wonder if people are being pedantic because for me it's easier to just put 2 fingers behind the heel when putting them on instead of using that shoehorn and it takes me approximately 5 seconds to have them on my feet and ready to go.

Can't wait for trying these footpockets on a pair of alchemy v3 30 medium-soft blades!

Last edited:
Reactions: ShawnM
hello,
i want buy the c4 surfer 300 or c4 dolphin 400
Anyone have experience with them?
How the measurements in relation to other companies wide, narrow, long, short?
Are they suitable for spearfishing?
How do they compare to the beuchat mundial footpocket? i am size 39-40 in the mundial I use them barefoot.
Is C4 suitable for barefoot use?
Thanks
I saw the new c4 300 for 2020 version2 is more elastic, comfortable and doesn’t require the shoe horn to put them on. Does anyone tried them? Perhaps wearing without booties or socks is more comfortable also. Would you go one or two sizes down If this is the case?

01.jpg

Blue one "old" c300
Silver one - c300 easy fit
Both footpocket - the same size and same material

Last edited:
c4 surfer much better than dolphin
Yes, they are good and suitable for spearfishing

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    958.3 KB · Views: 512
I am considering the C4 surfer soft. Is the sizing like the cressi gara? Shoe size I am 10.5 in the USA. With the Gara I have 8/9 42/43 and seac 8.5/9.5 .
I saw the lot measurements tables the c4 surfer.but I don’t know if those measures consider neoprene socks. Should I size up to 43/44?
Any updates?

c4 surfer much better than dolphin
Yes, they are good and suitable for spearfishing
What is your take? have you tried them both? I can not try them on. the Dolphin seem to have a more forgiving foot pocket. Would any be an improvement over the Cressi Gara Modular Nery (grey plastic blades)?
thank you!

0A3FCC26-0FD6-4B97-9D22-1F707EA152DB.jpeg

C4-400 -terrible! Snapped my fin blade!The C4 400 foot pockets I bought 6months ago. I have to say I’m very unimpressed with them. They have damaged and now broken a pair of blades. I think the problem is that they do not accommodate fin rails and the blade adaptor compounds the pressure in the blade at a very critical flexion point causing damage to the blade.
Since this has been less than a year, I’m asking C4 to refund my purchase. This will not replace the broken blades ($300) but at least I can replace with a different foot pocket that won’t damage the new fins I’ll have to buy.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT