• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

C4 Graphite shooting line not sitting tight around the line release? Help?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Savagedragon

May 24, 2019

Hi
I have an annoying problem with the c4 graphite line release.
The shooting line is really really close to the edge of the line release mechanism and with small contact the line would pop out making a mess. --- > see picture in the link
Usually line releases would have like hook curved backwards to keep the monofilament in place. But this here is flat.

You can see it in the picture. The shooting line is really close to slipping away. Just a random bump and bam! the line gets released into a mess.

Are there different methods to wrap the shooting line?
Can anyone help?

Can you see it now?

Attachments

• 20190529_203659.jpg
    20190529_203659.jpg
    829.4 KB · Views: 365
Reactions: Kodama
I tried to attach the file to the message. Can you see ?

Yes the picture is visible.
Hopefully someone with the same gun can comment on the situation.

It seems like a brand new gun. If it is unused you should contact the store. It certainly looks as if the line release is angled too much forward.
I can’t imagine it is bend. Maybe the geometry of that part wasn’t cut accurately?

That is a very poorly designed line release. Hopefully someone with a C4 gun can tell you whether they are all like that.

Yes the picture is visible.
Hopefully someone with the same gun can comment on the situation.

It seems like a brand new gun. If it is unused you should contact the store. It certainly looks as if the line release is angled too much forward.
I can’t imagine it is bend. Maybe the geometry of that part wasn’t cut accurately?
Yeah just contacted the store... in the worst case scenario, do you reckon I could do it myself and shave off the metal bit to make some sorts of a concave curve to hold the line?

It also seems as if the spear isn’t centered in the mechanism.

I can see two holes next to each other where the line release is attached. Would it make a difference if you use the other hole? I can imagine this would make it function differently. Maybe someone wasn’t paying attention when the trigger was assembled and used the incorrect hole.

Just thinking out loud.

Doesn't the shooting line have to wrap along the top deck so that it has a straighter line on the gun? Check out the line wrapping on the Carbon C4 FAQ page. http://www.c4carbon.com/Azienda/Faq
04.jpg

I know this is a different model but the line wraps are on top of the gun body, they don't come up from underneath.
Carbon C4 Graphite handle.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah just contacted the store... in the worst case scenario, do you reckon I could do it myself and shave off the metal bit to make some sorts of a concave curve to hold the line?

If the gun is new I wouldn’t bother and have the store replace it if necessary.

You paid enough to get a proper working trigger with this gun.

Doesn't the shooting line have to wrap along the top deck so that it has a straighter line on the gun? Check out the line wrapping on the Carbon C4 FAQ page. http://www.c4carbon.com/Azienda/Faq
04.jpg

I know this is a different model but the line wraps are on top of the gun body, they don't come up from underneath.
Hey! I thought so as well
but then I see this little 'hook' under the gun body so I assumed this is what it's for, see my finger pointing.
Also I looked up some graphite guns online and they also wrap their shooting line like this. I assume this is to make your lines tidy.

Attachments

• 61795062_1531400013657696_3474376651222024192_n.jpg
    61795062_1531400013657696_3474376651222024192_n.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 341
It also seems as if the spear isn’t centered in the mechanism.

I can see two holes next to each other where the line release is attached. Would it make a difference if you use the other hole? I can imagine this would make it function differently. Maybe someone wasn’t paying attention when the trigger was assembled and used the incorrect hole.

Just thinking out loud.

This official picture of the gun also has the mech in the middle hole? If that's what you mean.

Attachments

• c4-graphite-carbotitanium-megaforce-t-700-83.jpg
    c4-graphite-carbotitanium-megaforce-t-700-83.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 344
I don't think that is how it is intended to wrap, maybe one line would run under that, but not all of them. Check back on my earlier post where I added another image. I sincerely doubt that gun has been wrongly assembled, it is just that you are not wrapping the line correctly. In the Carbon C4 photos the line release lever looks the same as on your gun, that is not very curved.

Last edited:
This official picture of the gun also has the mech in the middle hole? If that's what you mean.

You are right the hole is not the problem. And that is indeed a line guide on the bottom.

I also don’t think that routing the line underneath the gun should affect trigger performance.

It does seem as if your line guide doesn’t go back far enough compared to the other pictures. The geometry of the arch seems right but maybe the geometry on the other end of the line release is off.

I don't think that is how it is intended to wrap, maybe one line would run under that, but not all of them. Check back on my earlier post where I added another image.
I see tons of images where people wrap their gun like that for some reasons.
Also nautilus spearfishing with this video:

from 1:21

Attachments

• Graphite-C4-132.JPG
    Graphite-C4-132.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 399
  • podvodna-puska-c4-graphite-116-slika-59048791.jpg
    podvodna-puska-c4-graphite-116-slika-59048791.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 303
  • 095f14edb6d23bd1efa096983c9c4381.jpg
    095f14edb6d23bd1efa096983c9c4381.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 315

Yes I do that as well and never had issues with it but I don’t use a C4 gun. But every gun is different...

Actually running the shooting line on top increases the chance for muzzle or band wraps.

Those guns have the line release lever forwards and operating off the shaft, but your gun has the line release on top of the trigger mechanism, so it has to wrap a different way.

Yes I do that as well and never had issues with it but I don’t use a C4 gun. But every gun is different...

Actually running the shooting line on top increases the chance for muzzle or band wraps.
Yeah I am sure the spear is inserted properly. There is a good click

Those guns have the line release lever forwards and operating off the shaft, but your gun has the line release on top of the trigger mechanism, so it has to wrap a different way.
Oooh I just noticed that now! Is it because the C4 Graphite in the video is 99cm and mine is the 116 cm version?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT