• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

C4 Monoscocca

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
You are right Cece.
Moreover there were many problems with the first release of the T20 trigger mech. Then if you buy an Omer Master America, be sure you have the updated version of the trigger mech....

Regards,
Jeff

To conclude, don't forget!! THE GOOD GUN IS THE GUN WHO CATCH FISHES... [/B][/QUOTE]

i disagree, the good spearo gets the fish, irrespective of what gun he uses!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Regards
miles

hiya memo

thats exactly what i was talking about. Exact same gun, just the handle is white.

Thanx guys for the info regarding totemsub vs america. I hate having to make decisions. Will probably just have to save some money and then buy both guns !!:D :D :D

I do love wooden guns, but don't like the mutiple bands and recoil that goes with it. I'm also looking at a riffe or wong for our YF tuna. Will probably get one of those blue water canons later in the year.

First priority now is to get a digital camera!!

Regards
miles

The guns going through puberty CECE

Getting some serious pube problem. Needs a bikini wax.

:D rofl Shane

Cece I think they are some undirectional and unresined strains of cf.

Hiya

Memo is correct once again!!! :D :D The whole idea is to give more grip on the handle so that is whats used to get a rough finish.

Just curious, has anybody actually used the Omer America. I'd like first hand reports because you only get distorted views on products if people haven't tested them themselves.

Regards
miles

Hi,

I haven't actually used one, but I've held one in my hand. The gun felt very good and looked extremely nice. I havent had the possibility to test it though. I have been considering buying one this summer, but I'll see.

tuomo

Just wait for a week miles, I'll probably get you some pics as I'll be visiting some dive shops in a nearby city.

Miles,

I will be attending the Omer stand on the 12th- 13th March at the EUDI show. I will try to get some pics of their new products and give them some grief on Murats behalf ;)

I will let you know what its like when I get back after the 15th.

Hi guys,

I've seen pic's of the gun and done quite a bit of reading up on it. Seems to be a well thought out product.

I've got a omer mimetic 5mm wetsuit, omer snorkel, omer aries mask (spare mask) and omer flat hunt knife and am quite happy with their products. Well, the knife doesn't keep its edge for long, but a regular sharpening sorts that out. My 90 Excalibur was also ok. (now my girlfriend gun!!!) I've also just recently acquired a omer 100 and 30 reels. Very happy with the 100's performance and it looks wicked too!!!!:D :D

Just curious, what gripes did murat have???

Tuomo, does the gun look just as wicked in real life as it does in the pictures??

Memo, some more pic's are always welcome!!!:D :D

Shaneshac, i know that you're as enthuisiastic about your totemsub's as i'm about my Rabitechs. Have you compared them to a rail gun yet (well, actually a South African railgun at least RA or Rabitech) Would like to see the outcome. I recall a while back, Hawain Skin Diver had a accuracy test of 1.1m guns. The RA was shot only once and had a near perfect score, but was deemed too difficult to load :confused: . If my memory serves me correct, the omer got the best results. Would actually love to get somebody on the forum to do a similar test.

Regards
miles

hi,

I've a Master America...haven't had the chance to use it yet.
To much work!!

Here is a few pics of it.

Cheers,
Rui Santos

Attachments

• dscn3556.jpg
    dscn3556.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 440
hiya Rui

Thanx for the pictures!! That is one wicked looking gun!!!!
It's a sin to have such a gun and not being able to use it!!! :D Don't you just hate it when work interferes with your spearfishing?;)

Anyways, looks like i'm definitely going to get me a omer master america.

Shanesac, whats up with totemsub??. I've sent them an email on Wednesday asking for a price and approximate building and delivery time and they still haven't gotten back to me. Not very impressed !!:naughty

Regards
miles

Miles, I think totem is very busy at the moment as the eudi show will start very soon.
Rui, thats a very nice gun, what lenght do you own?

hi guys

i sent e-mail to fabrizio too and did not get answer. I also guess he is very busy at the moment he generally answers e-mails a day or two after.

Miles, I had problem with T20 handle other problems solved after some modifying with tools...

Hi guys,

Memo my speargun has 100 cm barrel lenght which the length that I use more often. There is another version of the Master America with an opening for a second loop band but one good 20 mm band is enough for me. You can download the Omer 2004 catalog in there website, it has pics of both of them. http://www.omersub.com/omer/

Unlike Murat I love the T20 handle! All my guns feature the T20 handle, the new and the old one. I got the new ones in the beginning of January and the trigger mech is fine.
In fact the new handle is stronger than the old with the down sides of the old covered. The trigger mech of the T20 is a little harder than the Excalibur mech, but I guess that his just a question of habit.

From top to bottom…

Master 16 - 106cm
Master – 96cm
MB 16 – 86 cm
Master America – 100cm
New T20 Millennium carbon – 90 cm

Attachments

• guns.jpg
    guns.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 425
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT