• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

C4 orange rubbers tested?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

snask

Sep 25, 2020
Anyone know if C4 orange (amber) rubbers are really good? Small id made by primeline. Compared with sigalsub extreme (purple) which are also primeline allegedly, but black coextruded rather than dipped? These seem highly regarded all over but I read that dipped should be best.

Great topic,Latex on the c4 i dont know,have not seen or purchased ! have seen on shopping pages the c4.The diped latex is better than a standard I get more duration use out of a dipped latex more than a double duration period of use near to too years

Anyone know if C4 orange (amber) rubbers are really good? Small id made by primeline. Compared with sigalsub extreme (purple) which are also primeline allegedly, but black coextruded rather than dipped? These seem highly regarded all over but I read that dipped should be best.

I have both the new orange c4 orange primeline, Sigalsub reactive and extreme installed on my guns at the moment. If you pair the thickness, stretch factor and shaft well they all perform great. The extreme is harder to load then the Orange primeline. The small id c4 you can stretch more up to 360% easily, probably more.
My 2 nickels.

Reactions: snask
I have both the new orange c4 orange primeline, Sigalsub reactive and extreme installed on my guns at the moment. If you pair the thickness, stretch factor and shaft well they all perform great. The extreme is harder to load then the Orange primeline. The small id c4 you can stretch more up to 360% easily, probably more.
My 2 nickels.
Very cool with someone who can compare all of these. Any other observations like longevity? It's claimed that dipped is better and I'm not sure if the black extreme is dipped or not. Are the extreme harder to load because it has slightly bigger dimension/ smaller id or you think its the black rubber type? No clear winner of them? Harder to load extreme with no benefits? That would seem like a negative conclusion. Would assume you get more power out of something harder to load. Finally how do you pair them optimally? Any double 14mm setup with 6,5 - 7mm shaft? That is my plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johny Depth
I had looked on Dalla Columbina internet shop in italy better details with some info! no discription if latex is a progressive or extreme.,I could assume the c4 is alike the rob allan latex,.I Found seac power green was a progressive until they took it out of production then i got the sighal extreme free from a friend ! I found out that seac made a progressive although dipped in blue,.My friend said that with a double sling on a aluminium gun gave a kick back on the handle from the sighal 14mm extrem.I mounted on my own made padack gun with out the kick back when fired.Although i prefer the progressive i add 20cm for to compensate on the tension .,giving a longer life span on the period use of the latex.I found i got more Seabass even with the progessive speed i found id had the Seabass some times speared in the nose to tail ready for a barbeq.the countless times when the Seabass arrived for that second seing only the frontal then next second gone in a mirky water.I remember purchasing the omer latex black the standard gum false economy,.Then thanks to the progressive i felt alike a week end champion as all spear fishermen should

..i just got a piece of the c4 orange rubber. i put one into my rob allen 130. performs ok, just like a regular blue rubber from rob allen.
but the colour dont make sense to me. dont like this shining bright orange for spearfishing.
but the worst part is that it complicates filming with the gopro. if you have the gopro on your head and you dive down with the gun tucked close to your body, the whitebalance of the filming will completely change once you stretch the gun with the orange rubber into your filming frame. and change again once it gets out of the frame and so on. absolute stupidness if you ever intend of filming your spearfishing.
just to mention, i would never have bought this rubber for its colour in the first place. but i got it as a gift....

I agree the gold the orange its alike a marde gra if spelt correctly or a milano fashion mishap on shocking pink a fashion phase of loud colours on a silent spearfishing trip going loudly wrong on colour.Then the rebalt of the light on the camera lense good point

Very cool with someone who can compare all of these. Any other observations like longevity? It's claimed that dipped is better and I'm not sure if the black extreme is dipped or not. Are the extreme harder to load because it has slightly bigger dimension/ smaller id or you think its the black rubber type? No clear winner of them? Harder to load extreme with no benefits? That would seem like a negative conclusion. Would assume you get more power out of something harder to load. Finally how do you pair them optimally? Any double 14mm setup with 6,5 - 7mm shaft? That is my plan.

Well if I would have to choose a winner it is the 14mm fashion victim C4 band. Actually they are just Primeline small id bands which you can get cheaper and in any color it you are in the US.
Performance is at least as good as the others but the Ease of loading makes a difference. I have 2 14mm of those on my 110 with a 7mm shaft. @ 360% Excellent performance you will not regret it.
I like the Sigalsub’s 16 mm reactive more than the Extreme bands since they are a bitch to load at high stretch and i don’t notice much improvement on performance from the extremes.

Reactions: Johny Depth
I like the Sigalsub’s 16 mm reactive more than the Extreme bands since they are a bitch to load at high stretch and i don’t notice much improvement on performance from the extremes.
You "like" or "don't like" the 16mm reactive more than the extreme???

With covid the stock is less plentifull regarding the latex bands shop to shop you find a 18 mm not the 16 0r14 mm im so keen on the double 16 mm progressive i use an extra 20 cm or so on the wooden gun shaft 6.5 ,on the ommer rail gun i re regulate the handle and muzzle weights to acquire balance! so as not to shot to high or low,lucky you getting the colour you want in the us a bit dire here in italy shop to shop on line

What
Well if I would have to choose a winner it is the 14mm fashion victim C4 band. Actually they are just Primeline small id bands which you can get cheaper and in any color it you are in the US.
Performance is at least as good as the others but the Ease of loading makes a difference. I have 2 14mm of those on my 110 with a 7mm shaft. @ 360% Excellent performance you will not regret it.
What diameter do you have on extremes? I was going for 14,5 or maybe even 13 if they are tough. Can they maybe have same power on lower stretch? I prefer the purple color to the fluo orange c4 but ofc sounds like they are easier to live with.

What

What diameter do you have on extremes? I was going for 14,5 or maybe even 13 if they are tough. Can they maybe have same power on lower stretch? I prefer the purple color to the fluo orange c4 but ofc sounds like they are easier to live with.

I am using 14,5 on a gun where most would use 16mm. I wouldn’t use 13mm since then you are going to loose performance.

8559a9301eb34a39b4abe6f17a45413d.jpg

14.5 mmReactive brown on double band wooden gun spear shaft 6.5,.Viola16mm extreme shaft 6,5 on single sling gun.Seac power green progressive 16mm double sling shaft 6.5 on 2 wooden guns, Seac power green progressive is my preffered!now sadly seac has the progressive sling only avaliable in blue i complainned to a seac member 18 months ago saying i could purchase out of catalogue its no longer avaliable ,.Snask were do you fish on the Adriatic Q

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT