• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cajun Boil

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

agbiv

Spear, cook, and eat fish
May 17, 2008
- 3 layers of butcher paper on the table & a roll of paper towels
- One really large pot
- 6 iced down bottles of beer
- Propane burner outside...so's not to odorize the house & have wifie on yur a$$
- 2-3 c sized red potatoes per person (or more for the BIG eaters)
- 2 frozen nibblets corn on the cob per person (or more for BIG eaters)
- 2 large yellow onions peeled & coarsely chopped
- top half of cellery bunch, including leaves coarsely chopped
- 6 links of Andoulle sausage cut into 2" lengths
- 1 live blue crab (or others) per person
- stone crab claws
- 1/3 - 1/2 lb shrimp extra large w/heads on preferred
- 1 box Louisianna Crab/Shrip Boil - seasoning is a sachet, cut it open and dump into pot
- 1 palm of salt
- 3/4 cup Cajun dry seasoning
- 1 lemon & 1 lime; roll'em on the table to create juice; quarter and squeeze juice inot pot; toss in the quarters

Add everything into pot except live crabs & shrimp. Add water to cover + 1"; bring to a roiling boil. Drink a beer.

Drop in the crabs, they don't scream like lobsters do [joke]! Boil for 12 minutes. Drink a beer.

Add in shrimp. Watch'em close! Within 1 -2 minutes they'll pink up and curl to a "C". "C" stands for cooked; "O" is overcooked; and "Q" means you should have quit a long time ago. Don't overcook the shrimp as it will get rubbery. Drink a beer.

Drain well and dump onto butcher paper - dig in. Them's what peel the fastest eats the mostest! Drink the rest of the beer with the feast.

Small wood mallets & nut picks help get the crab meat out. Fork is great for peeling shrimp. Mayo/horseradish; catsup/horseradish/dash of worchestehire sauce; spicy brown mustard for sausage; melted (don't waste time drawing it) butter; are all great for dipping.

Aiyahh dats good!

Last edited:
Just where is La Vernia? I'm in Texas every now and again. With a feed like that in the offing, I might just wonder in for a visit!

Last edited:
I'm just Southeast of Old San Antone (San Antonio for my yankee friends). We're in the "sand hills". I just fixed this feast for Slingshaft & Cougarbait plus others at Port Aransas hunt. Why go to "The boiling Pot" and pay big bucks for less???? Anytime you're coming into this area give me a shout! Girls are away from the house and you can bunk here too. Twist my arm and I'll show yu around (Alamo, missions, etc.) :friday

I'm just Southeast of Old San Antone (San Antonio for my yankee friends). We're in the "sand hills". I just fixed this feast for Slingshaft & Cougarbait plus others at Port Aransas hunt. Why go to "The boiling Pot" and pay big bucks for less???? Anytime you're coming into this area give me a shout! Girls are away from the house and you can bunk here too. Twist my arm and I'll show yu around (Alamo, missions, etc.) :friday

San Antone? :D I got friends in San Antone and like to go deer hunting in the Sand Hills. My ophthalmologist is from there. Good country with lots of good German-descended vittles, that part of Texas. Next time I'm headed down that way, I'll give you a shout.

Reactions: agbiv
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT