• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cajun Boil

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

agbiv

Spear, cook, and eat fish
May 17, 2008
- 3 layers of butcher paper on the table & a roll of paper towels
- One really large pot
- 6 iced down bottles of beer
- Propane burner outside...so's not to odorize the house & have wifie on yur a$$
- 2-3 c sized red potatoes per person (or more for the BIG eaters)
- 2 frozen nibblets corn on the cob per person (or more for BIG eaters)
- 2 large yellow onions peeled & coarsely chopped
- top half of cellery bunch, including leaves coarsely chopped
- 6 links of Andoulle sausage cut into 2" lengths
- 1 live blue crab (or others) per person
- stone crab claws
- 1/3 - 1/2 lb shrimp extra large w/heads on preferred
- 1 box Louisianna Crab/Shrip Boil - seasoning is a sachet, cut it open and dump into pot
- 1 palm of salt
- 3/4 cup Cajun dry seasoning
- 1 lemon & 1 lime; roll'em on the table to create juice; quarter and squeeze juice inot pot; toss in the quarters

Add everything into pot except live crabs & shrimp. Add water to cover + 1"; bring to a roiling boil. Drink a beer.

Drop in the crabs, they don't scream like lobsters do [joke]! Boil for 12 minutes. Drink a beer.

Add in shrimp. Watch'em close! Within 1 -2 minutes they'll pink up and curl to a "C". "C" stands for cooked; "O" is overcooked; and "Q" means you should have quit a long time ago. Don't overcook the shrimp as it will get rubbery. Drink a beer.

Drain well and dump onto butcher paper - dig in. Them's what peel the fastest eats the mostest! Drink the rest of the beer with the feast.

Small wood mallets & nut picks help get the crab meat out. Fork is great for peeling shrimp. Mayo/horseradish; catsup/horseradish/dash of worchestehire sauce; spicy brown mustard for sausage; melted (don't waste time drawing it) butter; are all great for dipping.

Aiyahh dats good!

Last edited:
Just where is La Vernia? I'm in Texas every now and again. With a feed like that in the offing, I might just wonder in for a visit!

Last edited:
I'm just Southeast of Old San Antone (San Antonio for my yankee friends). We're in the "sand hills". I just fixed this feast for Slingshaft & Cougarbait plus others at Port Aransas hunt. Why go to "The boiling Pot" and pay big bucks for less???? Anytime you're coming into this area give me a shout! Girls are away from the house and you can bunk here too. Twist my arm and I'll show yu around (Alamo, missions, etc.) :friday

San Antone? I got friends in San Antone and like to go deer hunting in the Sand Hills. My ophthalmologist is from there. Good country with lots of good German-descended vittles, that part of Texas. Next time I'm headed down that way, I'll give you a shout.

Reactions: agbiv
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…