• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Calgary AB Canada

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Finally another diver in firgid alberta!

I'd almost given up, and got scuba certified...

:D

If your still interested I'm planning to dive @ arbour lake tonight, two Jack on saturday and sunday of this weekend and tentatively lake minewanka on monday.

PM me if your interested.

The yet to be named Alberta Freediving Club will be holding its inaugoral meeting on Saturday October 12, 2002.

Items on the agenda include the approval of a name for the club, planning the next event as well as the screening of the Jacques Mayol movie big blue.

Interested parties please contact me at james_m_dahl@hotmail.com.

Calgary Freedivers

Hello there,

altasub is the new name for our calgary, alberta freediving club. Contact me or James Dahl.

Hope to hear from a couple more people!

Jon.

Last edited:
Saturday dive! Lake Minnewanka?

Hey boys and girls of Calgary!

Jon here. Are we still going to Minnewanka on Sat.? James I guess its just you and I. Can we take the WRX? Its such a cool car. I'll pay for some gas and, oh yeah, your lunch! haha

Talk to you soon. Our logo is almost unreadable.

Jon.

I may have to work can we go first thing? Also I told wilf I would meet him at Lindsay at 9pm for a couple hours of training, come join and show us those sweet new flippers.

Logo looks awesome, but I like the vertical diver one better.

James?

We had this discussion yesterday! I though you like the horizontal guy. Are you just trying to make my life miserable? haha

You have to work!!! Grr.....Lindsay it is then.

Go on MSN....

I know I change my mind hourly. I think you were right the descending diver looks more dynamic...

Also had a couple people tell me they really like it (I'm a slave to public opinoin). Laugh Out Loud (LOL).

How about sunday morning for mini? I'm buying a new dive meter on fri I'd like to try out...

Just got an account and wanted to say that I have been waiting to find some people in Calgary who are into freediving. Look forward to meeting you with the club and all at some point.

Last edited:
Another freediver on the prairies

Love to meet you some time. James and my self train (or rather try to) twice a week, but since he is unable to attend alot of the time due to life (ie: he has one, I don't) I would love to meet you, maybe even train (we HOPE to be hosting a competition in March in Calgary, and in Vancouver West Regionals are in May, Nationals are in June (I think)). Anyways, we usaly screw around on Sundays at Talisman Center (Lindsy Park) during their two-nee swim (9 till 10 pm, no training, and we'd love to meet you.

*Sorry about the bad spellings. It's too late and I've tried some of these words a dozen times and they sill dont luk write two me.:cool:

I Lies. My Bad

James wants to use Sunday as our training day now, so Saterday will have to become our screwarround day. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Sunday night training

I would like to set 3 days a week where we get together for training, but I never suggested Sunday be specifically for training. It just worked out that way last week.

We should try to have a get together here one night next week. Sign the club charter, find out from members what kind of training schedule they are interested in, what kind of diving our members want to do, and make a schedule around that.

I'll post on CAFA / Altasub a Talisman meet this Saturday...

I think you guys need a dive in Prince George... we could go play behind the Lumber mills and see all the fish with 3 eyes....

Should be in Calgary late Febuary - look forward to meeting you guys.

Willer

We're discussing having a dynamic w&wo fins / apnea contest early march or late march any chance you can time it to be able to compete? It will be a CAFA event...

If not, can't wait to see you, dont forget your fins :)

sure - let me know when - guess I should get back in the pool... and loose this X-mas fat.....

Still hitting the coast for spring break (feb 15 - 22) if any one is interested in joining up for a dive let me know - looks like Nanaimo for 2 days and maybe a day in Sechelt. Scuba mainly - but will try to get some freediving in (quest for halibut).

Willer

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT