• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Calgary Dive School - Any recommendations

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rocksteady

Jan 8, 2008
Saw your sub forum and thought I would ask you guys a question:

I live in Cranbrook and am interested in getting my open water certification, as there are no dive schools anywhere around me, I think it may be a Calgary weekend trip.

BY doing a Google search, there are 4 dive schools listed in the results. They are:
Adventures In Scuba
The Dive Shop
Aqua Sport
Diver Down International

As I can't tell which is the best school from the Internet, I am looking for feedback from you gents as to which school you feel is best, from your experience or interaction and comments from other divers..

Thanks for your time and who knows, maybe after I get my ticket we will bump into each other paddling around some Alberta waterway....

Mike

Aqua Sport is without a doubt the most well-run and supportive store in Calgary. The couple that own it are avid divers, enthusiastic and offer reasonable prices in a market that is not an easy one to sell gear in (because of internet sales).
I highly recommend you ask at Mossman :: Deep Technical Diving about this: Greg Mossfeldt is a good guy and straightforward about Calgary's local diving politics, as well as being a world-class technical diver. He will probably back up my advice, though I havent been on his forums for a few years as it's really a scuba forum and I don't scuba.

I tried to get on the Mossman site....Not sure if it was a computer glitch or what have you, but I picked my username and password and after I hit submit, it crapped out...

Tried it again with a different username, same thing...

Pushed the report to administrator and have not received any responses in email.....

If anyone here is a member there maybe they could pass that along to mossman....Thanks....

The admin on that site has to approve your registration before you will be able to login. I could take a few days.

Hey mike, any luck getting on Greg's (mossman) site? It's a good resource, especially if your into tech diving.

Also gotta give another vote for aquasport, char runs by far and away the most professional dive shop in town.

Still no joy with the Mossman site....Maybe will try another email....

Hoping that he is off on a multi day dive in some warm clear blue water in some exotic locale....Rather than sitting in -40 weather....Brrrr.....

Might be, his idea of a nice multi day dive is deep wreck diving off the eastern coast, so wouldn't be much warmer than here ;)

I thought I would pop on and check into it for you, but i get a service unavailable error every time i hit the link...

I get the login screen but can't get in yet, til I am approved.....I did notice it was down for a few days there with server unavailable.

Still nothing from the Mossman...If any of you guys know him, maybe you can get him to PM or email me....

Thanks a bunch..

I'd say call Aquatech and get hooked up for some courses or dive meets.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT