• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

camera equipment?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

miguelito

Jun 22, 2002
Greetings, can anyone provide me with model info on a basic underwater video camera and or housing if required? There are heeps of choices but I thought I'd put out the question here before undergoing intensive research. Thanks, for any help,
Miguelito:confused:

Name ur budget and I'll tell you what to expect. One thing about U/W video is that it does not have entry-level equipment like 35mm or digital still camera. What I mean is that housing manufacturers tends make housing for high end units, it make sense cause video camera is already expensive to start with.
This I am talking from a non commercial set up.

I can give u worthy advice. I am not a pro videographer but I played with a few so I know which is worth for the money.

Tell me ur visibility cause this is important, if we talk of all brand new stuff, start saving for about US$4,000.

the camera stuff

Hey Iyadiver, I am located in Indo myself, so anyway where you at exactly? I just got myself a Nikonos V today, as as far as I know there are only 3 nikonos V cameras existing in Semarang area so I am still a bit blind on this one, anyway if you know a thing or two about Nikonos V, email me, it's j_pradi@yahoo.com

Jay

Pradi,

Sorry Oom, I am screw up u/w photographer, never like it and never will. I do land photo for fun only. I like U/W VIDEO cause it almost always get what ur eyes see ( with good video cameras ).

All I know Nikonos V is discountinued now. It is a nice camera for its design age. Unless u dive in decent visibility like Bali or at least 60 feet without much particles, U/W photography is just sad...sad....sad...... Maybe macro u can do easier in not so good water. One thing I know is, u better have GOOD lights or else....keep that camera.

Sorry can't help, I'm blind on U/W photography.
I'm in Jakarta, Pak.

If u want Asian forum that can help you with 35mm still U/W photo, try www.finsonline.com, based in Singapore, there are two semi-pro photographers on the forum.

Another forum u may try is www.scubaboard.com, I think this is US based, this forum I don't know well.

The two photographers I know here are Anderson and Abriapnea but maybe they are doing digital now, well they did start with a 35mm Nikonos V, I am sure.

Chief and Abri....where are you...please help my fellow country man.:D :D Thank you.

Good Luck.

well visibility ain't matter to me

Hi Iya

Well tell you the truth I'll be shooting underwater with black and white film (you probaly go "Whadda f@*#!!! by now) but I've seen some result of black and white underwater photography and that suits me just fine and not spending big bucks for the strobes is totally fine for me, I might shooting with some fast speed BW film, love the grains!!! I have lived in Indo for 6 years so far, my Indo is good but it could be better :) anyway thanks for the reply buddy, much obliged, by the way if you ever thinking of going diving in karimun jawa, gimme a shout, my housemate is running some small diving operation to karimun jawa, just check out his website www.divingzone.com/karimunjawa or his work in
www.yup.org.uk, he's the only Indo dude there...
Sampai Jumpa
JP

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT