• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

camera mount ideas??

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Marwan

Gear Buying addict
Supporter
Sep 3, 2005
What i am looking for may not be specific to a particular kind of camera/housing..all housings have a threaded hole in the bottom (like the tripod hole on the camera), im looking for possible configurations to mount the camera to a speargun, i think ideally, it would be just a piece of material (plastic, metal, plexiglass! i dont know), that the housing can rest on and be screwed to with a screw..the other end should have some sort of clamp simple enough to mount on any gun, with ease..really thats what im looking for a setup to fit all..since i have several guns...any ideas? what configurations are you using to mount your cameras to spearguns, pictures please!!!.
cheers

My buddy just rigged a mount on his gun for his camera. Its pretty simple but i found it ingenious. He shoots with a 110 beuchat and towards the back of the gun there is a line clip. He took that out and used the hole to thread a stainless eye bolt through it, the bolt is aproximately 3/16ths of an inch thick and 3 inches long.

he then stuck a bolt, the same thread size as the camera mount, with rubber bushings on either side of the bolt and nut to hold it to the eye bolt at a 90 degree angle. Then on the other end of the bolt he used a wingnut and rubber bushing to tighten to the camera. hes able to pivot the camera up and down and side to side pretty easy. the footage is pretty cool, its kind of like a first person shoot-um-up game. the recoil on the gun kind of messes with the footage though.

This is probably pretty confusing but if you like I could post a pic to you. Let me know if your interested.:t

Here you go

sorry about the crappy pics, ive got about 6 different cameras and all my batteries were dead. I ended up using my girlfriends old pt & Sht camera.

You know im sure you could rig this with a clamp too. That way you wouldnt have to go through the gun. If you have access to a welder maybe you could weld the eye bolt to a small c-clamp.
:D

Attachments

• DSCF2782.jpg
    DSCF2782.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCF2784.jpg
    DSCF2784.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Reactions: Marwan
Thanks Blaiz, thats exacly what i was looking for...

being in New Zealand, on holiday for the next few months, I lack the tools or the shop...anyone know of a suitable stor bought?

being in New Zealand, on holiday for the next few months, I lack the tools or the shop...anyone know of a suitable stor bought?

for the mount I posted above with the eye bolts, you dont need any tool really. Maybe just some pliers.

you might try a nice aftermarket solution if you allready have a tray and strobe arm set.
reverse the strobe arm or bend it down and mount a bolt to the gun so the strobe arm doesnt move, then reverse the camera tray to sit upright, either on the left or right, this way, the bendable arm will allow you to lode the gun easily with the camera out of the way, then you can swing the camera in the line of sight. You can sight down the bolt just under the camera, and the camera gets all the action without being in the way!!

It can be a pain to dive deep with the extra drag!! even with a small camera!!

good luck..

TBGSUB.

Heres my very rough around the edges attempt at a bracket. :)

I used to have the camera mounted in the center so the it looked straight down the shaft, the view was great and I got some really nice video but aiming was a pain in the butt and I missed so many fish that I finally took it off and held the camera in my hand.

Last edited:
nice job mate. Is that a rubber stop under the camera? do you use it "lock" the camera in the direction you want to shoot the video

nice job mate. Is that a rubber stop under the camera? do you use it "lock" the camera in the direction you want to shoot the video

Its a vibration dampener, I use it so the housing does not get the full shock of the recoil. There is a wing nut on the bottom that I can loosen to aim the camera.

Its a double barrel over/under that I make. If interested you can see more pictures at [ame=http://www.spearfishingplanet.com/showthread.php?t=6056]Double Barrel Ready for Testing!! - Spearfishing Planet[/ame]

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT