• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

?? Cameras??

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Originally posted by DiverD
I've been wanting to buy a new C3040 but can't find a scource that sells these "older" models. If you have a scource please post it here.

[ame]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3000856439&category=30010[/ame]

5 hours left on this one... :hmm

Anderson

Jon, its Catalina, December 02. Somewere west of the Isthmus. If you come to spearfish better take your camera(s) too. Recent closures throughout the Channel Islands now forbid taking of all rock fish, cabezon, sheephead, and more. About all you can take is calico bass and white sea bass, sand bass, halibut, yellow fin and yellow tail, and lobsters. However black sea bass have been making a comeback so some great photos are posible. We've also had a lot of Santa Ana Conditions recently which are perfect for diving.

C5050-z

I FINALLY got a chance to try out my new camera and housing in the lake today-Olympus C5050-z in a PT015 housing.

Ted and I did a little spearing and I decided to shoot some photos while we were out. The vis was pretty much crap and I had a hard time seeing the end of my gun at times, but here is my first masterpiece. rofl

Jon

Last edited:
Very nice start Jon! :)

Andrsn, after looking through your pictures on your website, you're my new photography role model. :D

Who needs good viz when you have 5 megapixels?! :D

I enjoy fish mug shots, so I like the photo. I haven't dived since December and am seriously drying up. I've temporarily given up on buying a strobe ($$$).

New Canon A70

Canon has a new model out - the A70. It is a 3.2 megapixel digital camera, runs on AA batteries, has 3X optical zoom, and an UW housing good to 130' is available for $180 US. Total package, including a AA recharger should be about $600 US.

What's the sage advice of the group? - For a novice with no skills who wants to use the camera for general use as well as UW, is this a good choice?

3.2 ought to be fair to good up to an 8 x 10 print, Chris. I'd like to see the housing to find it's construction, check on functions and the size of the screen you can actually see. The controls have to be sized right and all that too.

I've been stressing about 86-ing my F1's and 8 lenses, 3 strobes and two housings and going with a D60 if I can find a housing for it. The instant gratification of digital is pretty sexy.

Are you looking at this stuff from a mail order place as a kit?

See ya next month, ya deadbeat.

sven

Canon housing

Thanks sven,
(compliments to you too, by the way - boy can't wait to meet all these "friends")

8x10 should be sufficient for me . . . I don't usually enlarge pictures of fish to put on my wall. . . I just carry 3x5s in my wallet.

The housing is a Canon housing, so I would hope it fits well and provides reasonable access to the buttons. I haven't chosen a vendor yet . . . I could order from Amazon, but figured I might wait until the local shops - Best Buy or Ritz camera - have them in stock. The housing will have to be special ordered, I'm sure, so I hope to convince them to order one and let me decide whether to buy after I see it. But from what I've seen regarding the price of housings, for less than $200, if it just holds out water, it seems it would be a good deal.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT