• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Camo suits?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

murdaINC

Apr 6, 2004
With all the new emphasis on camo wetsuits now days I was wondering what colors/patterns are the best. The ones Im used to seeing are excel suits with either blues and greys or browns and tans. Recently ive seen many more patterns and colors like the OMER with the blue grey greenish dark brown. The excels patterns were like traditonal forest camo. Right now Im thinking about getting a suit with a design that seems to be the pattern and colors of a forest camo. It looks like something the military would use. Since Im going to be doing mostly reef diving in tropical waters I was wondering what you guys thought was better. The ones that lean toward more blues or the ones that have dark greens browns and black and tans. Thanks

The whole idea behind the camo pattern is to break up the shape of your body and to try to blend in with your surroundings. I have an old Omer camo wetsuit that blends in perfectly with the bottom. My friends cant even see where I am on the bottom, the only thing they see is my tagline and maybe my gun. If it werent for my tagline they would not see me at all. If your going to be doing reef diving I would go with a green or brown camo rather than the blue. But if you have a good bottom time and lay and wait on the bottom to bring the fish in then It doesnt matter too much on camo or not. If your dive bombing things I would suggest a camo pattern. You should try to check out the new HSD wetsuits at Hanapaa. They have a one piece and a two piece wetsuit. The two piece has an encorporated hood but youll have to buy the hood separate for the one piece.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT