• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Canada - Quebec - List your spearfishing spots

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

FreediveQuebec

Jul 3, 2003
Good afternoon.

I would like to start a new thread so that people from the Province of Quebec (Canada) can list their favorite spots for spearfishing, and maybe get in contact with fellow hunters.

Please include:
  • Name of the spot
  • Type (River, Lake or Ocean)
  • Species
  • Access Notes (where to get in, parking, fees, etc.)
  • Google Map link to it
  • Your rating from 1-10

Mont Tremblant Lake (Laurentians)
Bass, Pikes
Easy access from the "Parc Plage", a small beach. Just go in the Bay left of the island or near the rocks on the right. Park in the public parkings of Tremblant.
Google Maps
7/10

Mercier Lake, Mont-Tremblant, Laurentians
Bass
Very easy access. The lake is close to the road and the bicycle trail. You can get in the water from there, or access the beach and go from there (Plage du Lac Mercier)
Google Maps
7/10

River La Caché, Mont-Tremblant, Laurentians
Trouts and Pikes
There is a free parking to watch the Waterfall. It's where the Lake Tremblant empty itself. Go down the stair, then over the fence... and in the river. careful... there is some places with strong current, and it's not ideal after spring. You can jump out at the bridge, then walk 5 minutes back to where you started.
Google Maps
8/10

how about......ottawa river

blue see lake

31 miles lake

meech lake

roddick lake

tons off gret lake in the outawais regions.

hi guys i am new in here i live in hull...2min frome ottawa.

my main sport is kayak fishing(yakfisher.net) are site.local guys.

but i will get back into spear fishing this summer...and use my yak for this purpose.

there is not that mnay canadian doing this..there some great spearman in montreal area but here in ottawa just a couple guys.

nice to see fellow canadian.

joco

Reactions: cmg
Spearfishing in Ontario is prohibited, so you have to make sure those spots are in Quebec... are they ?

SALUT DAVID.

OUI toute au quebec..dans la region de hull.

il y a oussi pret de toi...lac du cerf lac des iles

il y a telement de place au quebec ou l eau est superbe.

le lac 31 miles est un des meilleur au quebec pour la plonge.

so yes its all in quebec...i do no ontario is off limit.

istill dont no why its off limit ..it those not any sense..you can target carp wit a ''BOW'' but not a speargun..go figure.

it would be nice to have a littl get together sometime.this summer.

i did work on the mont tremblanc lake..very nice lake.

later

joco

Reactions: cmg
salut freedive quebec.

je voi dans le livre de reglement de l ontario...2008/2009 page 11

peche au harpon et arc...carp et meunier..voir les secteur et saison.

donc il y ade la peche au harpon en ontario..ya bon a savoir...mais je vais tout de meme re verifie par telephone.

joco

Hey guys, good to see spearos from quebec on this site (I am from the montreal area my self). I am new to spearfishing, but have been freediving for quite some time now, wasn't very serious about it for the past several years, but now my interest is back and I'll be saving some money to purchase gear. By the way, you could probably suggest to me if a 100cm euro gun is a good size for local lakes, would you suggest any shorter?

hi C. carcharias

nice to see more and more people frome quebec in here.:friday.

what speacies will you hunt.

any clear or darker water..?

i think the best is to have both short and long.

there is some pro in montreal...

renepotvin.com.

i am just starting to be serious in it to.

i will get one more spear gun it will be a 75 or a 90..will see.

i fish both clear lake and darker waters.

do you no other guys doing some in montreal..?

i do no there is a couple guys doing some over there .

what brand off speargun you are looking at..?

jooc

Hey, yea basically I am just gonna be starting out spearfishing, so I don't really know the conditions of the lakes around montreal, I guess freedivingquebec will know better, but yea I don't know any spearos around montreal area, I know a couple of people who do like to go fishing quite often, so I might be joining them at times...
As for the guns I was looking at the seatec babbiano, omer hf2, and the new mares phantom (either carbon or fiberglass, but I am waiting to read some more info about these as people try them out, since they are very new, but look very good and the prices are pretty good too especially for the fiberglass one). I've been on rene's site before it's pretty cool, he makes some serious wooden guns!!!

hi C. carcharias
hi i am not to far frome montreal i am in hull.2 h ouest off montreal and there some very clear lakes in my sector..very clear water to spearfishing.

if you ever cam in my region i am just a email away..:)

joco.

hi C. carcharias
hi i am not to far frome montreal i am in hull.2 h ouest off montreal and there some very clear lakes in my sector..very clear water to spearfishing.

if you ever cam in my region i am just a email away..:)

joco.

Cool, if I am ever in the region I'll get in touch with you :friday

hey,
I go spearfishing around montreal. Anybody interested in joining me? anybody know more areas around quebec for trout and walleye fishing?

Hi everyone, spearfishing is NO LONGER ILLEGAL in Ontario. Not even dive stores in Ontario seem to know this. I have read the regulations booklet, and called the ministry. It is legal as long as you are 30m away from land. I saw the Ottawa River suggestion above. The Ottawa river is filthy. There is a one to two foot visibility, if that.
The best spot for good size bass is Cardinal, around the ship-wreck Conestoga. For large game, such as Carp, Prescott is the best (both are on the St. Lawrence).
I have never gone, but I would assume Westport and Brockville would be great as well.

Hi Tyre:
do you have some links to the pertinent information regarding spearfishing in Ontario?
And what species are allowed, sizes, etc?

We used to go to Quebec for some spearo action, not too far from Ottawa, but now if it's legal in Ontario that's great to have more alternatives.

Cheers to the spearos,

Roberto

I saw the Ottawa River suggestion above. The Ottawa river is filthy. There is a one to two foot visibility, if that.

you've obviously never spent any time diving west of ottawa on the ottawa. up around Beachburg and petawawa it's very clear, 25-35' of viz in the summer. more then enough to get in some nice dives.

farther east it gets clearer too. I've recovered a few snowmobiles from the river east of ottawa and viz was in the 25' range. lots of walleye.

Hi everyone, spearfishing is NO LONGER ILLEGAL in Ontario. Not even dive stores in Ontario seem to know this. I have read the regulations booklet, and called the ministry. It is legal as long as you are 30m away from land.

According to the info on the ministry website you are only allowed spearing for carp or white sucker, otherwise you cannot be on or within 30 m of the edge of any waterbody with a speargun. See Non Angling Methods of Capturing Fish on page 11 of the Recreational Fishing License Information document (http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/198219.pdf).

Where is it stated that you could spear as long as your 30m away from shore? If you can, that's great news!

i am in ottawa.

and the vivibility is not that good in the ottawa..but sometime it can be good.depending the area and the wetaerafter a large rain..a lo off off smaller river dump into the ottawa river and do effect it visibilty.

but useley i am in quebec little lakes wehere its legal to do some spearfishing for almost all species. exepte..musky/salmon/lakers.

joco

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT