• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Canadian Newbie from Ontario :)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Helipil0t

Jul 20, 2007
Hey guys! I just wanted to say hello in my first post. I started swimming again in my hotel's public pool just recently and it re-kindled my interest in free diving. After a couple days of doing laps I'm a bit disappointed in not being able to hold my breath for more than 1:30 dynamic and 2:00 static. I'd imagine that my hard head and stubbornness along with the proper training will change those numbers. I've noticed the sport of free diving has gained popularity over the years internationally. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time finding anywhere in Canada to train or even find a dive buddy. I'm currently living in London, Ontario but work across the country. So if anyone reading this is living in Ontario let me know. Anyway, Hello to everyone. I’m happy to have stumbled across this very helpful community. I’m looking forward to reading and posting and who knows maybe some day get together with a few of you in a tropical paradise for some diving experiences.

Cheers

chatham eh? spent many summers there growing up, there is some great freediving in the area! will post some sites when I get back, have a freediving date with a fast clear mountian river first...

Helipilot, where/what do you fly? (fellow rotorhead)

and if both of you could fill in the "Location" sections of your profile it would be greatly apreciated :D

chatham eh? spent many summers there growing up, there is some great freediving in the area! will post some sites when I get back, have a freediving date with a fast clear mountian river first...

Helipilot, where/what do you fly? (fellow rotorhead)

and if both of you could fill in the "Location" sections of your profile it would be greatly apreciated :D

Its nice to see someone from chatham that freedives.You were talking about a good area to freedive?? could u tell me more . I was just in lake lake erie today, its ok but not too clear where i am.

McDonald Park near Wallaceburg --- good for smallmouth, rockbass, perch, etc. water us usually clear, good bit of current.

St. Clair River by corunna to lampton gen station. good bottle diving, you can see the odd sturgeon. watch for boats! lots of current.

both spots clear water:) most of my ontario diving was in the ottawa area, will see if I can remember some more south end dive spots...

McDonald Park near Wallaceburg --- good for smallmouth, rockbass, perch, etc. water is usually clear, good bit of current.

St. Clair River by corunna to lampton gen station. good bottle diving, you can see the odd sturgeon. watch for boats! lots of current.

both spots clear water:) most of my ontario diving was in the ottawa area, will see if I can remember some more south end dive spots...

Thanks amphibious

Hey Freediver Blue,

There are quite a lot of memebers from Ontario popping up. There is also a freediving club in Toronto that you should definatly check out.

I also remember a freediver being in Guelph (closest to you). Not sure how into it he is however. I ran into him on facebook but he may be on here.

Hope that helps, if you need more info send me a PM or something :).

Hey Guys! Didn't have enough time to reply. Busy week. Freediver Blue, It's nice to know that I'm not alone in the London area. Maybe sometime we can get together and do some diving. I work 4 weeks on 2 weeks off. Let me know if you're interested. Amphibious, I fly mostely Astars right now. But I've flown, HU30's R44's, Jetrangers, Longrangers and Astar BA, B2 and B3s. Where you from? You still flying?

Helipilot, PM Sent

when/if you two dive Mcdonald park, be sure to take a contaner with you for all the fishing lures. that goes for the sarnia area too. a serious amount of money can be made selling these back to fishermen for looniw/twonie rates at farmers markets. worth getting a table when you have a couple 100 of them. nearly paid for my last rifle that way.... :D

Hey Freediver Blue,

There are quite a lot of memebers from Ontario popping up. There is also a freediving club in Toronto that you should definatly check out.

I also remember a freediver being in Guelph (closest to you). Not sure how into it he is however. I ran into him on facebook but he may be on here.

Hope that helps, if you need more info send me a PM or something :).

There is a freediving club in toronto? Could you tell me a bit more about this club.Try and see if this person is still into freediving it would be a helpful, and it would be another person I could freedive with.

thanks morg

Hey Guys! Didn't have enough time to reply. Busy week. Freediver Blue, It's nice to know that I'm not alone in the London area. Maybe sometime we can get together and do some diving. I work 4 weeks on 2 weeks off. Let me know if you're interested. Amphibious, I fly mostely Astars right now. But I've flown, HU30's R44's, Jetrangers, Longrangers and Astar BA, B2 and B3s. Where you from? You still flying?

Sure helipilot, do you have any equipment fins, mask?

Sure! Here is there website. I joined them recently and they are a great bunch of guys.

Freedive Toronto - dedicated to the development of Freediving in Toronto and Southern Ontario

Do you guys dive near Guelph at all? I am occasionally down in that area.

There is a freediving club in toronto? Could you tell me a bit more about this club.Try and see if this person is still into freediving it would be a helpful, and it would be another person I could freedive with.

thanks morg

hello from me too
i love swimming and diving....there is nothing better then being in the water

Hello skyblue, welcome to DB :). I agree, being in the water is awesome.

Where are you from?

Mmmm Morrison's. nothing like freezing your balls off while playing in a snowstorm (those that have been to the bottom will know what I speak of...)

;)

Mmmm Morrison's. nothing like freezing your balls off while playing in a snowstorm (those that have been to the bottom will know what I speak of...)

;)
Good analogy, I never heard it put that way.

Helipil0t, if your ever in Ottawa send me a message if you want to go diving.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT