• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

cant equalize my right ear!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

keyratfelix

Aug 24, 2008
I have not been able to get past 20 feet because my dam right ear wont equalize!!! once i get to about 20 feet deep I cannot continue due to the pressure and pain, as I surface my ear starts popping..I tried freznel, valsalva tech's, just could not pop it. As I sit here a week later from my last dive I try dry freznel and valsalva and my left ear pops no problem, but my right ear refuses to pop. The only way for me to get it to pop is if I swallow while doing the freznel.
What do you guys think? and has this happened to you, how or what can i do to make this easier??

i suggest that you go see a Doctor (ENT)...
i guess you got a deviation in your nose (same as i got) and this is preventing the air from passing easily to the right ear...

my Dr. said that i have to sit for an operation to fix it up...but im waiting for the season to be over

good luck and dive safe

it happens. on the surface swallow, open your mouth, move your jaw in all directions etc. i help myself also with pulling and moving ear's lobule/ lower part of the ear in different directions.

Have you tried taking a sudafed or other decongestant before diving? A lot of spearos I know take sudafed before every dive. I have held back because I dont want to become dependant but It might help in your situation.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…