• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

???? Cape San Blas & Mexico Beach Fl ????

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

agbiv

Spear, cook, and eat fish
May 17, 2008
Has anyone hunted Cap San Blas, Fl?

How about Mexico Beach, Fl; teh artificial reefs, Vamar wreck, etc.

We are considering Cape San Blas next July (2010).

I am freediving and hunting. Been to the Simpson wreck in nearby Panama City, Fl. and enjoyed. May go back there but would like to branch out.

Any info will be appreciated.

I love the cape! Check the buoy line depending on the time of year. But even that varies every year- dolphin, sheepshead, spanish mackies. Just about all of the wrecks/reefs there hold decent grouper. Also a good spot to hit is shark hole out on the very end of the peninsula. A lot of big scary things [some tasty] cruise through there.

Check with Blacks dive center. They are in St Joe.

Reactions: agbiv
Thanks. On another board heard viz is questionable. What's your experience at that time of year? I'm also interested in the Mexico Beach Artificial Reef (varied sites 20-40 ft). They look good if viz is okay.

blacks dive center is 904 229 6330. Viz differs a lot in the area. There is a lot of surrounding brackish water from st joe and even around from the appalachicola area [the BEST oysters are to be had in and around aapalach]. Besides that, the whole area is relatively speaking shallow and so viz can change pretty quick depending on the wind. Sometimes the bay is clearer than the gulf. If nothing else, It may be scallop season and you can snorkel around with a gun for the occasional flounder and mullet [good target practice]. give the dive center a call before you go.

BUMP!
Taking the family here in mid-april and just wondering what the local conditions are like. Won't be a fur dive-trip, but more of a family beach vacation where I hope to get them in in for a bit of snorkeling and sneak off by myself for a day, or two, to get in some diving of my own. Was hoping to free dive, but could always drag scuba gear down in needed. Any, current, information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT