• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Carbon barrels from china/alibaba?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

snask

Sep 25, 2020
Greetings wise crowd!

Not sure if it really suits in home made category since its not about making from scratch but since its not a finished speargun I put it here, mods can move it I guess. I was wondering if anyone have experience or knowledge about any of the Chinese carbon barrels offered on internet, ex. Alibaba?
I consider getting a few and also for some friends and pair with handle and muzzle that I like if its the real deal. There is both round rail tubes and cuttlefish rail tubes for low price (dont know about shipping). 2mm, 2.25mm, 2.5mm wall thickness options. Alledged T800 3k finish. So, anybody knows anything?

Hallo der!

I have only good experience with carbon fibre items from China (bicycle frames, various mouldings etc), so I don't see why their tubular products should be any different. Might even try some out myself if the price is right, any links?

Cool stuff!

As long as shipping is affordable, why not? Otherwise these are damn cheap as well: https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-di...subfamilia=14606@atributos=755_2990_1&start=0

I might have to test out that old Triaxxx barrel concept that never took off: https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/imersion-triaxx-tube/617861/p
You mean the Salvimar tubes? They dont have rail and are a bit on the thin side but maybe strong enough. The tubes with rail (sigalsub and epsealon) are about 100eu, compared to alu tube is ok price. The sigalsub rail looks quite right and normal while the alibaba factory noname sometimes looks very oversized, both height and width, not sure but I guess that could be a problem.

But the shaped barrels is very tempting for the price.

Im not sure about that triaxx, maybe its great handling, but I think it didnt take off because it looks hideous :LOL:

Well you got me convinced. Why not order a batch and sling the excess ones you don't use to profit off Scandi bums like me who need a 110cm? ;)

Well you got me convinced. Why not order a batch and sling the excess ones you don't use to profit off Scandi bums like me who need a 110cm? ;)

Hehe, well I sent some requests but it seems hard to communicate with these guys, the listings are quite confusing as well, with photos of both cuttlefish and round tubes and description dont help much. And they seem to want a bulk order even though listing accepts orders of 1pc. Maybe I settle for a round tube in the end.

Reactions: FrostyToes
Greetings wise crowd!

Not sure if it really suits in home made category since its not about making from scratch but since its not a finished speargun I put it here, mods can move it I guess. I was wondering if anyone have experience or knowledge about any of the Chinese carbon barrels offered on internet, ex. Alibaba?
I consider getting a few and also for some friends and pair with handle and muzzle that I like if its the real deal. There is both round rail tubes and cuttlefish rail tubes for low price (dont know about shipping). 2mm, 2.25mm, 2.5mm wall thickness options. Alledged T800 3k finish. So, anybody knows anything?
I have some experience.
I have two cuttle shaped barrels ordered from Alibaba. Is there anything in particular you're wanting to know?

First off, I'm very happy with the barrels and the guns I've made from them. The cost with shipping was affordable and the shipping was relatively fast to USA. That said, the barrels are not necessarily a plug and play with your handle or muzzle. If the rails do not line up, you'll need to do some modifying. The barrels are made in only a few specific dimensions, none of which lined up with the various makes of handles I use. You'll also need to pay close attention to the fixed lengths they only offer and what size of a gun you're looking to build. For example, for one of the cuttled barrels I bought (where the taper is the same on each end), the barrel comes as a 120 cm. I cut mines down to a 110 cm, but one would need to be careful not to cut too much further than that as the interior space opens up and would affect the fitting of the handle mostly.

Otherwise, the finish is great. The barrels are straight and they are very well formed. The guns I've made from the China sourced barrels have put a lot of fish away.

Reactions: Penguin Spearo
I have some experience.
I have two cuttle shaped barrels ordered from Alibaba. Is there anything in particular you're wanting to know?

First off, I'm very happy with the barrels and the guns I've made from them. The cost with shipping was affordable and the shipping was relatively fast to USA. That said, the barrels are not necessarily a plug and play with your handle or muzzle. If the rails do not line up, you'll need to do some modifying. The barrels are made in only a few specific dimensions, none of which lined up with the various makes of handles I use. You'll also need to pay close attention to the fixed lengths they only offer and what size of a gun you're looking to build. For example, for one of the cuttled barrels I bought (where the taper is the same on each end), the barrel comes as a 120 cm. I cut mines down to a 110 cm, but one would need to be careful not to cut too much further than that as the interior space opens up and would affect the fitting of the handle mostly.

Otherwise, the finish is great. The barrels are straight and they are very well formed. The guns I've made from the China sourced barrels have put a lot of fish away.
Paint me intrigued! Would you be so kind as to share the seller you purchased from (possibly via PM if it breaks forum rules)? Seems they very rarely ship out smaller quantities unless one strikes it lucky!

I have some experience.

Fantastic!
Very relieved to hear you had good experience, I was just concerned about the actual material and strength and finish since there is sometimes the idea on these cheap platforms (wish, alixxx etc) to just create something that looks similar to the real thing. Imagine getting a plastic pipe with carbon sticker wrap wouldn't be far fetched on wish. :ROFLMAO:

Personally Im looking for preferably a barrel with asymmetric taper just because they look badass, if not possible regular railtubes which have it's own advantages.
For fitting I see many offer very exact IDs of 26 and also +- 0.5 models that should fit quite easily with many handles. Handles I consider is Meandros, Sigalsub, Epsealon (Pathos D1 copy?), Salvimar. For railmatching I expect it to be more problematic, I see that the rails don't look like branded tubes and are maybe 1-2mm higher, not sure how much problem that would be, it depends how it rests on the rails as well, or if it drops between the rails if its to wide. A round railtube I found has 31x26mm and 3mm H at the track. Sound quite standard to me, I know Sigalsub has 30x26 and 0.5 mm wall difference shouldnt be to much of a problem?

What was the round part id/od, height and width of your rail and what handle/muzzle did you fit, and what mods did you need to do?
Do you have any links still or name of the producer?

Last edited:
Paint me intrigued! Would you be so kind as to share the seller you purchased from (possibly via PM if it breaks forum rules)? Seems they very rarely ship out smaller quantities unless one strikes it lucky!
I'll post what I know and see what's allowed here.

This is the direct link to the barrel I purchased:
This is through the company Dongguan Juli Composite Technology. My contact there has been Vicky Yu. She's been good with me in allowing single orders of the barrels.

That said, for the companies I've messaged, I've found most are willing to ship a single barrel out. I think the cost for me was about $135 shipped to Hawaii. I know I waited a couple weeks before it shipped, but once it shipped, it arrived in 3 days, UPS shipping. I thought that was crazy fast to come while passing customs.

Fantastic!
Very relieved to hear you had good experience, I was just concerned about the actual material and strength and finish since there is sometimes the idea on these cheap platforms (wish, alixxx etc) to just create something that looks similar to the real thing. Imagine getting a plastic pipe with carbon sticker wrap wouldn't be far fetched on wish. :ROFLMAO:

Personally Im looking for preferably a barrel with asymmetric taper just because they look badass, if not possible regular railtubes which have it's own advantages.
For fitting I see many offer very exact IDs of 26 and also +- 0.5 models that should fit quite easily with many handles. Handles I consider is Meandros, Sigalsub, Epsealon (Pathos D1 copy?), Salvimar. For railmatching I expect it to be more problematic, I see that the rails don't look like branded tubes and are maybe 1-2mm higher, not sure how much problem that would be, it depends how it rests on the rails as well, or if it drops between the rails if its to wide. A round railtube I found has 31x26mm and 3mm H at the track. Sound quite standard to me, I know Sigalsub has 30x26 and 0.5 mm wall difference shouldnt be to much of a problem?

What was the round part id/od, height and width of your rail and what handle/muzzle did you fit, and what mods did you need to do?
Do you have any links still or name of the producer?
You can check out my previous post for the page where I bought it from. Off-hand I can't remember how high the rail was, but it was rather high. I used the MVD handle on both cuttled barrels I bought. For my mods, I modified the handle only. I sanded the top half of the cylindrical handle insert to increase the rail height at the handle. Then I shimmed the bottom of the insert to take up the space. I'm not that good at it, but it came out nice.

Regardless of which cuttled barrel you go with, it's been REALLY helpful in ballasting the gun better. With your traditional tube rails, there just isn't enough air volume to ballast the gun better, unless you're going to run the gun without a reel. With a cuttled barrel it's very buoyant, so you'll need to add some weights inside.

The quality of the barrels are very good. I bought one matte and one gloss carbon cuttled barrel each. I actually like my matte better looks wise.
Beyond the ballasting, I really just bought the cuttled barrel for looks. Although I'm sure it helps with muzzle rise and some tracking.
Hope that helps.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT