• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Carbon fiber vs composite fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I'll let you know how it goes with the fins. My friend Stephanie you can follow her on Instagram @freediversteph or @sailavie has had her Dive Rs for a couple years and loves them. You can also check out this video Florida Free divers put up.

Thank you for the link. I am interested to hear from an unbiased independent user such as yourself. I look forward to reading your report.

Safe diving!

Reactions: LauraS
Oh it helps. A couple of places I dive have 1 km walk ins. One down a very steep hill. Just switching from my heavy duty RA90 to superlight XXV 75 made things significantly easier. It's not just total mass but its distribution. Fins are now the most burdensome thing to carry. Lead is heavier but worn close to body.
Another issue is handling the fins when entering / exiting the sea. I've got a very light carbon MASMAT monfin, which is easy to handle when entering or getting out of the sea with a rocky coast. I also used a heavier Leader fin mono, which is much heavier and difficult to carry out safely wthout scratching it...

Reactions: Mr. X
Could recommend these fins for hunting. Find them to be a little stiffer than I like but by no means terrible. They're also great for beginners.
I see they write on the site it's same model as another brand have. Anybody know which fins are the same ones?

Thank you for the link. I am interested to hear from an unbiased independent user such as yourself. I look forward to reading your report.

Safe diving!
Hey so I wanted to let you know I ended up going with the DiveR carbons Paua power. Ive done a couple dives to 60' with them and used them hunting. They're really smooth not so snappy like the fiberglass blades I tried. They're really great for swimming up to fish without spooking them. I love them right now Im really intrigued with their Innegra fiber blades and am trying to get a pair of blades.

Safe diving!

I wouldn’t assume any expensive fiber fins to be miles ahead of any other these days.
Miles ahead in how some of them get their fins onto social media, sure.

Personally, I have a cheap set of Spearmaster carbon blades in Pathos pockets. Done 60m on the rope with them and regularly catch fish at 25m - both of which are plenty for me at this point.

But since bi fins is now a separate discipline at the competitions, give it a year and I think we might start seeing some more proper tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DivingNomad
I am very curious of what you think of these specific blades in the long term. I am thinking of bringing in these fins to use and to sell but they are the most expensive blades I have seen around and I am hesitant to spend that much money, they have to be miles ahead of the rest to justify the cost. Please let me know how it works out for you.
Youtuber Dan Man has been using DiveR blades for sometime now and likes them. Bought them with his own money. I think he uses a shorter version of their blades for travelling. I think he even did a video on DiveR - there is a particular foot pocket they use and recommend (possibly Mares Razor?).

Horrendously expensive though, esp. as fins are one of those things that may or may not fit well and may or may not suit you and the way you dive. They have different models too. How do you choose without trying?

I am thinking of bringing in these fins to use and to sell but they are the most expensive blades I have seen around and I am hesitant to spend that much money, they have to be miles ahead of the rest to justify the cost.

I am thinking of bringing in these fins to use and to sell but they are the most expensive blades I have seen around and I am hesitant to spend that much money, they have to be miles ahead of the rest to justify the cost.
Just a little information on if they'll sell... Ive called all over the state of Florida looking for DiveR's innegra for my husband and everyone is sold out!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT