• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Carbon Fins---Whic one???

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Murat

Promethian
Jun 21, 2002
I am about to buy carbon fins and got some strange info. about the seller.

I was thinking to buy C4 Falcon 30 but the seller told me that XX1 Carbon blades are more durable and higer performance than C4. I am not quite sure if this is the sale gimmick or true info but this statement disturb my choice.He said XX1 carbon blade had more snap than C4:hmm

Now, Which one to get????????????? Anybody tried both xx1 carbon and C4???

I can get C4 for the same price of the XX1 carbon from the different places, so money is not issue here.

HI Murat;

I recently purchased a pair of C4 Falcon 40's; been planning to buy them for about 2 years now. when i finally got them, was actually bit dissapointed.... they are EXTREMELY Delicate.

You got to be extremly careful when kicking off the bottom i dive down to about 23-25m ... and when i am down there i take off without the initial push off the bottom. True the C4's help you getting to the bottom but then getting back up is a bit of a problem without the kick off the bottom.

After spending that amount of money on the C4's i went back to using my picasso black team fins for my regular spearfishing on wrecks and beside rocks. that way i dont worry about breaking my C4's. The only time i use the C4's is when i am blue water hunting and when i really dont worry about kicking off the bottom.

As you have rightfully mentioned i hear that the XX1 are more durable and forgiving than the C4's. I have not had the chance to personally try them out yet.

The other fin worth considering are the special fins.

Hope that did not add to the confusion :confused:

Regards

Nesim

Did you know www.MIXSUB.com carbon fins?

I use Mixsub carbon fins. But my opinion is biased, as i am friend of the manufacturer from the beginning.

They are one of the best (if not the best) of spanish made carbon fins. They are almost indestructible (i assure you that).

You can see them in www.mixsub.com web.

They cost 240 euro (270$?) but the post is not cheap to USA. Yo can see a photo of me with a big tuna wearing them here :

Fotograma_grabado_1_001.jpg

Regards :) :) :)

Attachments

• fotograma_grabado_1_001.jpg
    fotograma_grabado_1_001.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 433
thanks for the link Fernando. If you noticed i am not American:D i am Cypriot. Was it you or your friend who was using C4 while speared 293kg tuna???

Has anyone else tried the Mixsub fins ?

Has anyone tried them around rocks ?

Of course plastic or fibreglass/resin are preferable around rocks but I was wondering how tough the mixsub carbon fins are and if it is therefore worth considering them for rocky spearfishing.

Cheers
Ed

The sales man also told me that if you manage to break the C4 while departing from bottom the gurantee will not cover them:confused: :confused: or any damage while bumping on the rocks.The warranty only covers if its break while swimming in rock free space:confused:

But i think all this is sales gimmick, i think i will go for C4 at the end if i get no response from users who got the both type of fins.At least i saw the video of C4 and there quite big numbers of C4 supporters, this can not be a full of non-sense:D

Hi.
I use c4 30 fins .This are the best fins for me.I have tryed almost 5 diferent brands.
Hard use for 2 years and only broken rail rubber.
They are perfect for deep,i use to spear 30 ,35m.
Rafa

You are absolutely right that it is a sellers gimmick.XX1 is not real carbon I think .The seller say its a mix technology,but it seems it fiber tecnology maybe there are carbon strips inside the blade,but it is so different from the c4.
Go with Waterway the seller droped the price of the blades 110 euros.I am using Waterway 4 (75 kg. 180 cm)

I saw that waterway ad. today at spearfishing mag. Am I unlucky or what Aydin :D

do you think we should get another stiff pare for deep diving?

memo....at least you did not paid 130 euro to plastic fin like me...

Anyway i decide to buy C4 may be i can get fiberplastic later for spare. I don't think i will make business with that seller:naughty

By the way what is the thing with new waterway blades??? They are still yellow??? or they start to produce making camo ones? I belive they are as good as anyother fiberplastic fin out there since Eric Fettah rates them as number 1.

Aydýn and Memo if you want cheap OMER BAT fin (Brand new) send me pm. Our local dealer makes sales here, and my sister is about to return Ankara;)

well I heard that, the new black waterways are only painted in black...

and a strange blue like turquise.
Thanks Murat.Murat what is the price of Omer alluminium reel 50 in Cyprus?
I think c4 25 is weaker than 3 waterway Murat,so if you will buy c4 try 30 or 40,but I have heard from other guys that 40 are to stiff.
By the way did anyone tried the c4 80 in spearfishing..???

Originally posted by Murat
thanks for the link Fernando. If you noticed i am not American:D i am Cypriot. Was it you or your friend who was using C4 while speared 293kg tuna???

It was my friend. He is C4 sponsored and used c4 - 30:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT