• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Carbon fins with cammo patterns question. (omer carbon)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

monchan

Aug 15, 2007
I`m in the market for new fins. I have been using Omer stingray plastic fins for the last 10 years. I thought they were fine and served me well.
Now one of the foot pockets has broken and have been looking around for new fins. Well open a can of worms.
Most people say was going to carbon you will never go back. So Looking at leaderfins, nice price and a lot of people seem to think they are good for the money.
Sounds good. Then foot pocket sizes, I found some people that said compared to omer the pockets are bigger, some said smaller. Then I started looking at pathos.

Then I realized I should stick with omer as the 45-46 fit me pretty well. and as only one foot pocket broke I`ll have a spare.
And I`ll never buy fins over here in Japan as everything $$$$$$. But from subprof the omer 25 carbons are way cheaper than here.
So I was thinking Which? Stingray carbon 25 or Stingray carbon 25 camu.
Is the camu part of the blade or is it a sticker / film added to the fin after. If its the latter would that effect the way the fins behave?

Anyone have any experience or views on the omer carbons.

May main concerns being
1.foot pocket sizes. As I live in the boon docks have no way of trying first. and omer 45-46 fit well (solved buy omer)
2. budget, I have a wife who if more tight fisted than a fishes arse. Even the price of the omers will lead to some kind of verbal abuse, even though we can afford it.
(never be solved)

cheers.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT