• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Carbon guns

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sinjin

Feb 8, 2004
Hi guys i'm new here so if this has been done before i'm sorry.
I'm principally a shore diver and i'm after a new gun. I have a Pacasso which i'm very happy with but its way to big and heavy.So i'm looking for a new Carbon gun and so far have been thinking about the Rob Allen Saarcan or the Pacasso equivelant.
Size around the 1 - 1.2 m max.
So any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Sinjin

personally I would be more comfortable with an RA. They dont come out with a new line of guns every year, they just go with what works. Never known anyone who had one to complain about it.

I would also look into the new Aimrite railgun. They are similar to the RA but with the extreme aimrite trigger. The carbon guns are expensive but the aluminum are lwess than the RA...and they come with a lifetime warranty.

RA

I'm very new to all this can to you tell me what RA guns are? And how to find them...i'm in Australia.
Thks. Guns

Hiya

Rigdvr, have you got a link to aimrite guns?? Very interested in any type of railgun :D :D Always on the look-out to add some new gear to my collection!!

Sinjin, check out :
http://spearfishing.com.au/

great spearfishing forum which is based in australia.

There is loads of info on Rob Allen (RA) guns. Basically, it is a gun developed in South Africa which has a rail on which the spear rests. Makes the gun very accurrate. Use the search function on the forum and you'll get loads of info. on RA's and Rabitechs (also a South African railgun)

Regards
miles

hi

Like Miles said hit the guys at Adrenaline up there prices are about the best in Oz and they get the gear to you fast, plus they are mostly Queenslanders which rocks :D

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT