• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Carmel/Monterey Area?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

2NUMB

Mar 22, 2016
Anyone dive around these areas? I'm thinking of going out to Stillwater Cove soon to dive for the first time in the ocean blue. I'm excited! I only have a snorkel and mask but what the heck right! Any tips on diving around here or things that would be fun to see? Also looking for some new friends to go diving with seeing that I have no friends who dive lol

Anyone dive around these areas? I'm thinking of going out to Stillwater Cove soon to dive for the first time in the ocean blue. I'm excited! I only have a snorkel and mask but what the heck right! Any tips on diving around here or things that would be fun to see? Also looking for some new friends to go diving with seeing that I have no friends who dive lol

Hi there. I am new to spearfishing but not new to free diving and I have gone a lot in the Monterey area because it is close. The first thing I have to say is do you have a reservation to dive at Stillwater? I have never dived there ( I don't know why I hear it is a great place) but I have seen on websites that only 10 divers are allowed a day. I don't know if this rule applies to both free divers and scuba divers or only scuba divers. Anyways if that rule is true for free diving than some other good sites to check out would be lover's cove or otter cove. If you can't find anyone to go with I'd suggest looking into the Monterey Tritons. They are a good club and membership is $30 so it's a good investment. However, if you don't have a buddy in the end don't go. Also since you said you only have a mask and snorkel, I would recommend fins. They don't have to be super fancy carbon fiber fins or anything like that just something to give you some more power. Something is better than nothing. However, you absolutely must have knife. A few years ago an abalone diver died out there after getting caught in kelp. Make sure the conditions are good too. I'll post a link to the dive report at the bottom. If conditions aren't good and you can't find anyone to go, it's not worth the risk. Anyways you should have posted this on Sunday because I went yesterday :D. I myself can't go for at least another week because of football but in the future we could probably work something out if you need a buddy to go with.

The link for dive conditions:
http://aquariusdivers.com/conditions/

Hey, I just moved to Monterey and took one dive at Otter Cove; however, conditions weren't favorably. I am looking for a spearfishing buddy. I have a few friends that spearfish around here, but our schedules haven't been matching. I am typically available to dive Friday-Sunday. I know your post is a few months old, but let me know if you want to get back in the water.

Hi guys, I see this post is kinda old but I live in Monterey and like to go out whenever i'm home from school, if anyone's looking for a dive partner then let me know, id love to meet some new people. as for Stillwater cove, they say they only allow 10 divers but its not enforced

Anyone want to buddy up in Carmel for a 7am trip on Thursday Oct 19? Thinking Butterfly House or something simple with beach access.

As the most recently commented of the "looking for buddies in the Bay Area" threads I'll stick up my hand here. I'm just freshly minted from a PFI class, and want to get my feet wet in the ocean (class was in a lake) with someone who knows at least a little more than me. I'm not kitted out for spear fishing yet, but its on the agenda.

As the most recently commented of the "looking for buddies in the Bay Area" threads I'll stick up my hand here. I'm just freshly minted from a PFI class, and want to get my feet wet in the ocean (class was in a lake) with someone who knows at least a little more than me. I'm not kitted out for spear fishing yet, but its on the agenda.
Hey dude, like I said earlier I'm pretty new to diving as well but have spent some time in Monterey so if youre looking for a buddy one of these days shoot me a message, vis has been pretty good this week

Great. It'll have to be after the new year at this point, but I'm interested. New diving kit burning a hole in my closet!! I'll send you a pm, or ping me, in the new year.

Hey dude, like I said earlier I'm pretty new to diving as well but have spent some time in Monterey so if youre looking for a buddy one of these days shoot me a message, vis has been pretty good this week

Intrigued by your pen-name verticalflight? I spend my days trying to work out what keeps helicopters from falling apart , what is your connection?

Anyone want to buddy up in Carmel for a 7am trip on Thursday Oct 19? Thinking Butterfly House or something simple with beach access.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT