• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Carp-O-Rama 2013

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Whopperhead

Wisconsin Speargun Hunter
Mar 2, 2007
There will be Blood!

When: May 19, 2013 @ 0800 - 1300-ish

Where: Madison Lakes - Probably Monona if clear enough

Why: Because carp want to die!

We can do like a "pot-Luck" afterwards at Olbrich Park which is on the EAST end of Lake Monona. Bring something to share and your Own Beverage(s).

I am working on a few small prizes. I was thinking 1 for MOST Carp and possibly 1 prize for Largest Carp.

If anyone knows someone wanting carp or where we can dispose of them- that would be great!

ALSO- I HATE the "Halem Shake" videos out there and think it's stupid. But they are insanely popular and with that said - I would like to make one. I have a few Ideas and props that would make the video pretty interesting. If people have a costume, helmet or whatever bring it. No one will be forced to participate, but all are welcome. Even spectators if you bring some. Should be funny. (Dry humping the air is stupid and I strongly discourage anyone to not do it in this video. Just some crazy dance moves, the robot, odd things..... you know. My dance moves closely resemble that of someone having a seizure...... but I assure you - I'm ok.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2012-07-29-22h29m30s31.jpg
    vlcsnap-2012-07-29-22h29m30s31.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 284
I would like to go but i still need a suit, gloves, socks, weapon, and weight belt. :head Any word on those Hammerhead suits?

Weapon and weight belt I have extra and suit, depending on what size you are. I have a 3mm you could give it a shot for a little bit. If anything, always welcome to attend, people will be in and out of the water and there is the "After Party". I should have extra socks and gloves too.

I will check with Hammerhead when the suits are going to be available- I still haven't gotten mine from OMER......... going on 8 weeks now.

That would be awesome if I could try out a gun or polespear before I buy one. As for the suit, I don't think it will fit because I'm only 5'9 165lbs. I'm getting tempted to just buy a cheap mako suit so i'll have one in time.

Sorry to hear about your suit taking so long

My 3mil suit would probably fit you. I'm 5'10" and fat, but it was made for a skinny person.

Lol, judging from your vidoes you don't look fat just bigger than me. Anyways, I ended up buying a Salvimar Pixel Camu suit (I found out it is open cell) so hopefully I will have that in time for Carp-O-Rama.

Has anyone checked the vis or lake conditions lately? Its not likely I'll make it this Sunday, small chance my plans change.

I will check with Ted or Randy and see what the vis is. Sunday is calling for SSE winds. I'm almost thinking Waubesa might be our best shot. There is a park on the North East side of the lake. I will post a more accurate location the night before. Hopefully with vis.

We can meet here at 8am for those that want to join up and dive together. Otherwise meet here around 1pm for the lunch/check in.

[ame="https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=43.088677,-89.330368&spn=0.001132,0.001742&t=h&z=20"]Google Maps[/ame]

Where we go I think will play big on the wind/weather.

More than likely the other spot we will enter at:

[ame="https://maps.google.com/?ll=43.077771,-89.36761&spn=0.004527,0.006968&t=h&z=18"]Google Maps[/ame]

or you are free to go one your own.

weather looks like the rain is going to hold off till later in the afternoon. we should be good. Lets hope for some good vis and lots of Carp!

@Chris- I did hear back from Ted also. Monona he says was at 15' vis earlier in the week. Should be even better on Sunday. Water temps in the mid to upper 50's. Good Killin temps........... :)

We had 9 divers show up. Several Carp were killed. Not as many as I thought. I ended up with about 14 panfish though. Those fit well in my freezer. I am in the process of pulling some still shots off my GoPro. Vis was anywhere from 8ft to over 20ft. Water temp was 62. Everyone left before the I got out of the water except for Seth and Charlie Brown. Only Seth and I ate food. I'm not sure where everyone else went............ Oh well. We had some good Watermelon, Great Taco Dip and some good Beer! It turned out to be a really nice day.

Thursday I am either going to Waubesa or Monona by the Outlet. Those 2 lakes should have decent vis.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT