• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cat wee :{

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

watts

small wins
Jun 27, 2004
I went pool training last week came home and left my mono bag on the living room floor .In the morning when i woke up there was this puddle in the middle of my mono bag and it stunk .My cat had pissed on my mono bag . :yack .I left the bag outside that day in the rain and soaked my neckweights,mask,noseclip etc in a basin thinking that would take the stench out . Fast forward to my next training day. Im finning along doing some interval training and nearly passed out, the stench was still there but somehow worse than before. :waterwork
Other than throwing all my gear out and starting again has anyone any ideas how to get this repugnant odour out of my gear.
Thanks Nathan Watts
Ps Think i'll be buying a dog soon. rofl

Hahaha.... Doddsy strikes again... bummer. Either try rubbing dettol on the crime scene (plus anywhere else you don't want him to unload) or work some lemon juice into it. No guarantees though, if you smell better, it won't be by much. Condolences.

Reactions: watts
Maybe the urea has some affinity to the rubber/plastic/silicon in your equipment? any chemist onboard?

I'de piss on my equipmnet so atleast it'll be MY smell. :)

Sodium bicrbonate removes piss smell.

Make a concentrated solution and place all the equipment in there over night. Rinse very well after and you should be okay.

Shane the piss artist saves the day rofl

Reactions: sinkweight
There is a product ,available in the US, that is specificly designed for your problem, some kind of enzyme. I've used it on rugs and it works very well. If nothing else works, pm me and I'll try to send you some.

Connor

How about Milton that baby sterilising stuff? similar to what Shane sugested :)

EDIT I dont mean that you sterilise the baby, ok? So NO BOILING BABIES!!!

Last edited:
Did you try contacting a professional carpet cleaner, they probably deal with the removal of pet urine from fabrics all the time and may suggest a chemical that should work. Also ask yourself, how much do you love that cat.

Better yet, bring the cat up north and introduce the cat to freediving under the ice.

rofl rofl rofl rofl .Yeh there is a bit of a story about this cat. I found him living in a dirty old railyard where they fix locomotives. He was about 3 months old when i saw him covered in dirt. The men had made a house for him in a wheely bin on its side. I asked one of them about him and he said he was mine if i wanted him so i picked him up later that day. After getting him home 5 baths and a peticure and manicure later he looked a completly different cat with some street credibility. A few weeks ago i went back to where i found him and one of the guys said they were naming one of the locomotives after him. DODDSWORTH. cheers stinky freediver Nathan Watts

Strong mouthwash works well too. ugh cat pee is the worst.. greasy and stinky :yack

you should let him out at the evenings or put box with sand in it for her...

here is mine, she came from street but she looks much better than this picture...

Last edited:
Murat said:
you should let him out at the evenings or put box with sand in it for her...

here is mine, she came from street but she looks much better than this picture...

Shane please........ no lewd comments about the above attachments rofl

island_sands said:
Strong mouthwash works well too. ugh cat pee is the worst.. greasy and stinky :yack

I found that the cat had done a "Protest Pee" after we had come back from visting you in December...... On MY side of the bed! :rcard

He was INSTANTLY "Persona Non Catta" in our house..... Febreeze (the Fabric freshener) and a bout with the Steam Cleaner for the bed itself. The Duvet, duvet cover and the rest went into the washing machine with Sagrotan Rinsing Liquid (Sagrotan is a commercially available - in Germany - disinfectant). Worked fine..... until he :yack on...MY SIDE OF THE BED 2 days later.... :vangry

And he isn't even my cat!

bdurrett said:
I found that the cat had done a "Protest Pee" after we had come back from visting you in December...... On MY side of the bed! :rcard

He was INSTANTLY "Persona Non Catta" in our house..... Febreeze (the Fabric freshener) and a bout with the Steam Cleaner for the bed itself. The Duvet, duvet cover and the rest went into the washing machine with Sagrotan Rinsing Liquid (Sagrotan is a commercially available - in Germany - disinfectant). Worked fine..... until he :yack on...MY SIDE OF THE BED 2 days later.... :vangry

And he isn't even my cat!

rofl rofl eeeeeeeeeewwwww sis!

I have only ever owned one cat, i think i got it far too young, it shat all over the house, my boxer kept eating up the poos after him, :yack and it was such a strange relationship that when the boxer was asleep the cat used to suck on his nipples?!

never again!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT