• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cave Freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Lastonogiy

Deep Archer
Aug 16, 2006
Cave Freediving in Dominicana (Video)

Freedivers: Andrey MULTANOV (aka Lastonogiy), Julia PETRIK
Camera: Vadim SHESTACHENKO

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnSpMw_HT6k]YouTube - Cave Freediving[/ame]

WARNING: Freediving in caves is extremely dangerous. The scenes you can see in the video above were conducted by professionals with the assistance of Safety Team including certified cave divers. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!

VERY Nice!!!

Capturing how it looks and feels in the dark of a cave is quite difficult. The divers and camera man have succeeded brilliantly!

Where is that place? Is it accessible without going very deep into a cave? It looked exceptionally clear and silt free. There were a lot of people in the water and no silt, amazing.

Connor

Thanks Connor!

Scenes you can see in the video were shooted in three different caves in Dominicana (La Sirena, Padre Nuestro, Macao). Through the system of tunnels (up to 50 meters long), air spaces, halls, etc. we were going from 50 to about 200 meters away from the entrance. And of course we tried to minimize the underwater traffic to avoid silt in the water.

P.S. Sorry for the late answer

Andrey

Gulp! Lots of overhead there, very brave. I guess you must have studied and agreed the system very well.

Amazing waters, very clear, like flying! Thanks for posting.

Hey Connor: the puddle should be ready for a dive?

PS: did you avoid breathing in air pockets in between sections? Although I know little detail I believe breathing scubbies "gasses" are very dangerous. I am wondering how you managed to get 200M from the entrance. Could you explain the strategy a little please?

Last edited:
Ahh, finally figured it out, that's Dominican Republic to me. Great shots.

Puddle is magic as usual. The swamp is finally dry enough and we got in last week, so nice. Got far enough laterally to hit 100 in depth. Still hear those voices though, Siiiiimon, Siiiiiiimon, where are you?

Connor

Bugger the how you did it, I thought the video was fantastic and the choice of backing music couldn’t of been better.
Spot on and a thumbs up from me.
Got any more you fancy sharing?

As above, amazing video almost mesmerising with the very well chosen music setting a great ambience...

Give us some more please!

I,ve siad it before and I'll say it again caves scare me. great vid.

Looks like she was getting abit nippy down there! I would love to cave dive, can i come over lol?

joe

Wow, nerves must be on edge the first time you vanish off into a cave like that! Lovely video!

I noticed that Lastinogiy has released a new freediving video in YouTube. It's from the Dahab Blue Hole. It also has a nice freediving feeling with suitable music:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: agbiv and podge
Nice find Timop, Lastinogiy you’re a bit handy with the old camera mate, good stuff once again.:)

Nein, niet, nicht, not, never--in my wildest dreams would I cave dive--don't like small enclosed spaces i have no rapid egress from. But I like the vid and will watch YOU cave dive. :cool:

Outstanding, what a nice clip, very graceful and smooth. Thanks for posting.
Cheers, Don Paul

Thanks guys!

My new video is released in YouTube: "Looking for Mermaids".
It's about freediving on wreck in Caribbean sea (near Bayahibe, Dominican Republic).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNp235mHh8E]YouTube - Looking for Mermaids[/ame]

Safe dives!
Andrey

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT