• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Central Florida spring freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Alex Mckeeman

Jan 6, 2017
I used a GoPro hero 4 and an octomask for these videos, nothing fancy but enjoy!

The well at silver glen springs

Silver glen springs main entrance

One last silver glen springs

Buford springs (middle of a swamp)

That second video was more like a "crawlthru" than a "swimthru" - whew, made me claustrophobic just watching! Cool videos though, I'm jealous of the viz at these spots, would love to visit Florida for some diving someday.

Reactions: Alex Mckeeman
Haha yeah definitely, I also messed up the video because my GoPro hit the top of the cave at some point and I didn't notice until later how far it pointed down. Going back again soon to try and get better more calm/straight footage but it's definitely a tight cave with a strong current so you really do have to do more of a crawl because the current is pushing you back so hard and there isn't much room for fin movement.

That second video was more like a "crawlthru" than a "swimthru" - whew, made me claustrophobic just watching! Cool videos though, I'm jealous of the viz at these spots, would love to visit Florida for some diving someday.
Haha yeah definitely, I also messed up the video because my GoPro hit the top of the cave at some point and I didn't notice until later how far it pointed down. Going back again soon to try and get better more calm/straight footage but it's definitely a tight cave with a strong current so you really do have to do more of a crawl because the current is pushing you back so hard and there isn't much room for fin movement.

Cool videos! I'm going to Miami next month and have a few days to dive and am trying to do decide whether to go to the keys or head north to the springs. Which would you recommend? Thanks!

The keys can be really cool especially places around marathon, if they visibility is bad you can have a bad time and you never really know. Springs are 100% consistent so I would go there, but you'll have to do a lot of driving and keep in mind going into the caves is fun but there isn't a whole lot else to do and the current can be really strong.

The keys can be really cool especially places around marathon, if they visibility is bad you can have a bad time and you never really know. Springs are 100% consistent so I would go there, but you'll have to do a lot of driving and keep in mind going into the caves is fun but there isn't a whole lot else to do and the current can be really strong.
Thanks for your reply! I am doing more research, and leaning towards the keys just because of proximity.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT