• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Central Illinois Freediving...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ILDiver

I just wanna dive
Jul 11, 2005
Checking with local dive shops, no one really knows of anyone in my area that freedives. I'm starting dry land training, but I want to get in the water and train as well. I already swim the length of the pool underwater with no fins, but I want to start pushing myself. Anyone near Peoria Illinois? I know it's a hotbed of freediving activity here ;)!

--Chris

Can you make it up to Wisconsin to dive? How about over to Chicago? We acutally have a freediving jamboree of sorts going on in two weeks up in Lake Wazee- Black river Falls Wisconsin.

PM me if your interested.

Jon

Last edited:
Checking with local dive shops, no one really knows of anyone in my area that freedives. I'm starting dry land training, but I want to get in the water and train as well. I already swim the length of the pool underwater with no fins, but I want to start pushing myself. Anyone near Peoria Illinois? I know it's a hotbed of freediving activity here ;)!

--Chris

Nice to meet You Chris!

Funny thing You found me thru YouTube instead of DB, but at the end it does not matter which way as long as there is good side of the internet proved again. I am glad to have another buddy, too bad You just missed freedive palooza, great event in great state of Wisconsin. Let's stay in touch for training in pool and Kankakee quarry, there are records to brake!:)

Peter

Any pool training in Chicago? I would really like to get some sort of pool training and advice. Early next year I plan to get formal training, but I still have no one to practice with in Peoria.

Kankakee quarry, Saturday. Let me know, I am going with Jim, we can meet You there

Nostres, sorry I could not make it last weekend. But I'm open next weekend if your going to be diving someplace. I'd love to come and hang out and meet a freediver or two! Haigh would be great, but but southern WI or something works too. Let me know if you got something coming up so I can get it all worked out!

--Chris

Anyone in Illinois or South Wisconsin doing any diving this weekend or next?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT