• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Changing muzzle

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

kumuhunta

Apr 15, 2002
Hi has anyone changed there muzzle on there euro gun from a closed muzzle to an open muzzle? How did it affect the accuracy of the gun? Should I put a derlin track onto the gun?

What kind of bands should I use? What length for a 75cm gun?

just remember that the bands will now be pulling more downward than the original euro muzzle. i tried it on my omer, but didn't like it. when i went back to the orig closed muzzle, i just used dynema as my wishbone instead of the metal. i also had to file(smooth) out the notches so it wouldn't cut my softer wishbones. (with one band, that gun has no shaft friction leaving the barrel whatsoever)

i've talked to sterling at hanapa'a quite a bit about this, and although it's quite popular over there, he still prefers the euro muzzle.

the only gun i'd see the open muzzle working on is a rob allen railgun because of the full length track.

if you know how to make delrin spot tracks, then that would be your best bet. i think two spaced evenly between the handle and the muzzle would suffice.

good luck,
anderson

If you're going to an open muzzle just for ease and speed of reloading you could try cutting an opening on the closed muzzle you have. Besure to round the edges so your shooting line won't catch:( . I've got three euro guns w/ closed muzzles and I can reload fairly quickly, just what you're used to I guess.
Jay

You can also ...

Get a complete barrel from RA - it's fairly cheap, if I recall correctly. Then you can replace the barrel and go to an open muzzle with confidence ... dunno.

What's the reasoning for going open muzzle though? Just interested on your train of thought on it ...

TIA,
Riaan C

The reason for changing to an open muzzle is because the rubbers are lot less expensive. Ex. euro rubber cost $23 as opposed to bulk rubber that costs $2 a foot. I only need about 15 inches for one rubber.
not only that but I also get more controll over the rubber length and dont have to wait as long for a store to stock my rubber.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT