• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Changing Rubberbands possible?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

xMrvn

Jan 8, 2016
Hello everyone,

i have a speargun around which uses two rubbers . The speargun is a 100cm size.
The rubbers look a bit old. They still work and aren't rotten or anything, but still i would like to maybe change the two rubbers with new ones.
This is what the system looks like:

But i actually have no idea how to detach the rubbers from the speargun in the first place.
Has anyone a similar rubber band system on their speargun and maybe some experience with changing the rubbers?
If someone can help me somehow, please reply in the thread.

Thank you and best regards,

Marvin

Your in luck, they are real easy, they just screw out and you replace them with a new set. You can switch to bulk rubber if you want to, either with a singular rubber if your gun has the space for it, which I think yours does, or with adapters that screw into the threads were the old rubbers come out of (y)

You didn't show the wishbone, but the bands probably unscrew at the rear end too.

Yes thank you two. I just have to unscrew them. Could have figured that out myself haha

Pinniped's mention of band adapters could probably use some elaboration.
http://www.freedivestore.com/speargun-rubber-bands/27-14mm-black-aluminum-band-adapters.html

These things screw into the threads in your muzzle, but then you slide bulk rubber onto the ball and secure if with a constrictor knot. This is a lot cheaper since you aren't buying the screw-in portion every time, and you can use different thicknesses and lengths of rubber to suit your needs. At your apparent stage its probably just easier to buy bands like the ones you are removing, but its something to think about in the future.

Reactions: xMrvn
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT