• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Check Out the Cool IMAX film OceanMen

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
Hi,

We've teamed up with H5B5, the makers of OceanMen, to bring you details of this fantastic IMAX movie and TV Docu-Film that charts bitter rivals Francisco "Pipin" Ferreras and Umberto Pelizzari in their preparation and execution of world record attempts.

Check it out now at:

http://www.deeperblue.net/oceanmen

Where and When and What's with the Macho Hype

Stephen, I checked out the movie and it looks good, although I do have a problem with all the macho hype. Especially in light of Tanya Streeter being right on their heels whats all this about Oceanmen. And the bitter rivalry... OK I haven't seen it and hopefully the movie has more depth and the trailers are only a misguided marketing attempt. Unfortunately there was no information about release dates, where it will aired in IMAX or when the TV documentary is showing; nor were there any links for that information. Do you have any info? Warmly, Angus

Re: Where and When and What's with the Macho Hype

Angus,

I do have a problem with all the macho hype.

Well, I agree and disagree. They are bitter rivals, they would not even be on the same island as one another during filming...and really it is just a modern version of Luc Beson's "Big Blue" and the great rivaly between Jacques Mayol and Enzo Maiorca.

Especially in light of Tanya Streeter being right on their heels whats all this about Oceanmen.

Well, I know that they started doing the film a year ago but I don't know how they came about following Umberto and Pipin...I suppose timing was part of it as well.

And the bitter rivalry... OK I haven't seen it and hopefully the movie has more depth and the trailers are only a misguided marketing attempt.

True, they are a bit cheesy but they are great for people who don't know about freediving and I think it sums up the films quite well (although I haven't seen them...so I might be presuming too much!)

Unfortunately there was no information about release dates, where it will aired in IMAX or when the TV documentary is showing; nor were there any links for that information. Do you have any info?

Yea, well filming finished in April and it is in the last couple of week post-production so I assume it will be over the summer but there are no official dates yet...we will be bringing that info to you when we get it!

It looks like two great films and i'm certainly looking forward to seeing the IMAX one.

When for us all?

Is this going to 'cinemas accross Europe' some day? Or something? DVD? :)

Unlikely

IMAX is distributed very differently than normal cinemas. Each IMAX cinema will make it's own decision to show the film. As such there will be no general release, nor is there likely to be a DVD release. We are in touch with the producers of the film and are being kept updated on the progress of distribution.

There will be a TV documentary on OceanMen due to be out on European and American channels sometime soon - no firm details yet.

:cool: I know that the moment it becomes available on DVD that I am getting a copy...

DVD

Oh, sounds nice :) Is that DVD public release or something privat promo? If public, can you help where to order?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT