• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Chicago May 23 & 24...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ILDiver

I just wanna dive
Jul 11, 2005
I'll be diving in the Chicago area with Wreckrunner Sat and Sun if I don't get called back to Peoria on Sunday. Not sure if both days will be on lake Michigan or just one. Wreck mentioned hauling the boat north to Canada for Sunday???

Although it may seem like a long drive, Wisconsin is still not Canada. rofl

Jon

Canada is that state just north of Illinois isn't it? I'm from the midwest...you northerners are confusing
Posted via Mobile Device

Brief Report:

Incredible day for diving. Lake Michigan had some very light chop early in the morning, and shortly after we got out to a deep spot in 130 feet of water, the lake became completely flat for the rest of the day. Water temp was about 50, so Chris and I has started in 3mm suits, but switched to 5mm after getting a bit chilled. We dropped a line down to 75ft, with a good 60 ft of visibility. Fromt eh weights you could clearly see the gravel and sand bottom, of which Peter brought up a handful after setting a new personal best at 128 feet, which was followed by several screams of victory with a heavy accent that shifted from Polish to Italian, then Jamaican. We all got in some good line diving work with our monofins.

We took the boat for a long cruise to scout out a few wrecks. We started for the Lady Mary, but changed course when we realized it was 120 feet deep. Heading west, we could just make out the Chicago skyline to the south.....very cool. We stopped at the Lady Elgin, south of Waukegan for a while. It was mostly scattered debris, but we had continued fantastic visibility and made some fun 50 ft. dives down to check things out. Lastly we goofed around on the Sea Bird, which is a small wreck in 30 ft. of water. Visibility was less, about 30 ft. but still nice.

Great day on the water........thanks to Peter and Chris for coming along and making it a fantastic day.

Jeremy

Yaman!
Mamma Mia!

What a day it was! Great dives, great times. New PB is always a good thing and Lake Michigan never looked like Caribbean's before.
Thank You Chris and Dr.Jeremy for a fun time but where is that video You promised?

Peter

Day 2 Report:

Chris and I put in at about 7:30 and picked up Scott at the dock on Geneva Lake. We went to 112' or so deep spot, and dropped a 75 ft. line. Visibility was about 15 ft. We got in some good training and Scott hit a personal best of 91'!! Way to go Scott!! HE promptly celebrated with the well known Martin "fist in the air celebration". We went to the coordinates for 2 wrecks, but had no luck finding them without a bottom scanner. I'll work on getting one of those. After Scott left, the lake got crazy busy with boats, so Chris and I just goofed around in the shallows in a few places sticking close to the boat while my wife tanned. Tired, and 14 shades darker.....a fantastic weekend all around. Thanks for joining me guys, it was a lot of fun!!

Jeremy

Reactions: ILDiver
I am exhausted and I didn't even get that deep. 2 days of good dives though. I need holes in the ears of my 5mm, I kept messing with it and messed up my clearing. I finally extended the legs on my 5mm. It's amazing how much warmer I stayed without having cold water constently flushing into my socks!

Jeremy, thanks for the boat rides, it was a good time. Peter and Scott congrats on the new PB's.

Diving with Nostres! LOL
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtDlKzGdOwo]YouTube - UP by Pixar: The Dog[/ame]

Reactions: nostres
Some video from the day on Lake Michigan. (less than stellar videography, but you can see a bit)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVpf7UHFQJI]YouTube - Michigan0524 0001[/ame]

Reactions: nostres
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT