• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

CHIGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jellythings

Oct 5, 2017
So I walk a mile through the Florida woods keeping an eye on looming thunderstorms. So I hunker down through a storm under a plastic poncho. I'm happy and the world here is beauty, even in the downpour and the boom, boom, boom. So I reach the pond and survey it for some time... no threats noticed... gators, snakes, lines, etc. So I enjoy the water for hours all to myself. All is nature, nature noises, sun, clouds and warmth. All is happiness. So now I clamber out of the welcoming water and trudge the mile out through the sugar sand, double-time, to beat another thunderstorm.
There is a price to pay for this wonderful day... The price I learn, is chiggers. Chiggers on my chest, chiggers on my arms and chiggers on... well, lots and lots of chiggers. Little chiggery bastardy bastards.
Will I do it again? Yes I will. I may do it with DEET 70%, but I most certainly will do it again.

Reactions: japppo
Ah chiggers, scrounge of the southern woods. My sympathy. I love your explorations.

For those of who who are unfamiliar, chiggers are mites, too small to see, that burrow into your skin and itch like MAD for several days. Much worse if you scratch them. Look like a case of chicken pox.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT