• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Chop'n Omer Suits

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Amphibious

Working Class Spearo
Mar 17, 2002
So I have this 6.5mm Omer Mimetic Med suit on the way. 5mm being just slighty to cold for long spearfishing sessions in PNW and the 6.5mm being to bulky in the chest, I heard that I could make the 6.5 work by cutting the upper shoulder/chest and turning the Johns into pants.

Has anyone done this? tip/tricks/suggestions?

Thanks - Willer

You will also have to cinch in the waist and the chest to make the pants stay up. I was going to cut my cressi and then when I learned what I need to do to make the pants fit correctly I decided to go with the Elios with high waist pants. Should be pretty easy to do with some neoprene cement. That stuff is amazing and the bond is stronger than the rubber. YMMV.
Jim

Try it out first, long-johns aren't too bad. I've gotten used to them already & the top part is pretty thin, so it isn't like you'll have 13mm on your chest ;)

Like Jim says, you'll likely have to do some alterations & that's not something I'd look forward to doing on a new suit :(

BTW Willer, why the heck aren't you on MSN?

Thanks Guys - I'll check it out and see how it dives first. i hate having a lot of bult around my chest when I'm diving.

BTW Willer, why the heck aren't you on MSN?

I just spent 9 weeks in the sand, I'm now home with my girly, and a little, er, Busy :p

Willer

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT