• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

chose the right mask for freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeepAbyss

Feb 11, 2018
Hello,
I would like to buy a diving mask.
I need a mask with optical lenses so my selection is limited.
I'm debating between sporasub mystic,mares star liguidskin,omer up 1.
I had Mares Tana and it was big on me and there was not a full seal and there were leaks.
In addition I have a long beard, so how can I improve the sealing.
From your personal experience which mask is recommended?
Thank you.

Pretty sure the cressi Nano Has a option for optical Lenses, I have the mask Myself And I love it.
Super Soft Silicon Skirt, Very low volume and excellent Vision. Put A little Vaseline on To seal the mask over the beard and Your golden.
The Sporasub Mystic Seams Like a Fantastic Mask As well, Cant say much about the Mares or Omer Masks.

Thank you, unfortunately the mask without the option of optical lenses.
Maybe someone in the crowd with experience with Mares mask

all of them as you mentioned was my favourite for a try too. i have very narrow face and difficult skinny lower part under and besides nose, where lot of masks leaks when i move a bit my mouth/ upper lip. x-vu liquidskin is fine, but huge volume for depths 30+. mares star fits me the best, few people from our local club bought this mask after try and they are happy now (sphera did not fit same as me). I ended with epsealon sea wolf, which is foldable mask, very low volume, fits perfect also in lower parts of face (im lucky) and behave as sphera at the depths. But its quite new and there were not a time for depth testing yet, only a pool 5m. I was try around 20 masks for info in 4 years but with no luck, now it look like i win. The best is try a mask on your face, and real test is in a watter, pool and depth. After this you can say I am happy with my mask. Otherwise it is annoying dive with mask that leaks when the best moments flow around and in you. I hate it but i am not so lucky have a normal face and use common low profile masks.

Odesláno z mého SM-G903F pomocí Tapatalk

and if you dont shave, use vaseline. i shave before a dive with a mask fo a better sealing. every face fits another type of a mask, try them before a buy if you dont want ended with 3 or more different spare masks at home.

Odesláno z mého SM-G903F pomocí Tapatalk

Hello friends,
i bought the mask of Mares star liquidskin and it is really great and fits me well.
One of the comfortable masks I have used it with a long beard without the need for Vaseline is sealed
The problem I do not know how to dismantle the internal frame to replace optical lenses, does anyone have any idea how to do this without breaking the frame?
Thanks

Hello friends,
i bought the mask of Mares star liquidskin and it is really great and fits me well.
One of the comfortable masks I have used it with a long beard without the need for Vaseline is sealed
The problem I do not know how to dismantle the internal frame to replace optical lenses, does anyone have any idea how to do this without breaking the frame?
Thanks
For Optical Lense option Mask you mention...you must Go for the Sporasub Mystic Mask. I have had the sporasub mystic w/ -2,5 lense for 2 years now dan it's great mask.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT