• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Christmas Dooooooooo 12 Jan 08

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
Time to decide on what we are doing about the party season - if you've got any opinions beyond the usual

"mess around in the lake for a bit then go to the Boat and give each other loadsa silly presents!" then please let me know

If you have a preference between doing this in December or January - please post that too

I'm pretty open to any ideas - as long as we keep the presents bit in somewhere and I get another bucket of maltesers

S

: )

Reactions: apneaboy
Re: Christmas Dooooooooo

You mean those maltesers that float in mid air?

I'd be happy with same as last year. Jan suits better, i'll be in the Black Forest this year for Christmas. No Chaswazzas this year though :D

Attachments

• IMG_4906.JPG
    IMG_4906.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 231

if it ain't broke....

last year was a blast... i'd forgotton about the chazwaller / spacehopper debate!!!

We need to check with our note-taker rofl for any other business that might need to be covered again at this year's party!!

Count me in !!

Mandy

ooooh please,

The usual sounds great - may even bring beth and little W down !

January is possibly better for me as this year has gone mad.

Lammy

Yeah the usual is great 'freeze and booze':friday - And i'll check the minutes for any 'outstanding issues' we didnt discuss last year! heheheherofl

I want to come out to play - it sounds as though last years was a bit of a hoot. Just for logistical ease I would say January rather than December, but whenever it is I will try to join in.

Can I request not 8th or 15th Dec I'm back in Egypt - yes again!

got a date now - 12 January 08

keep it free and watch this space!

That's not Christmas!

Lets dive on Sunday 23rd December. I'll provide sherry and mince pies for any red-nosed freedivers.

Is 12th Jan a definite? Need to know cause we're booking Tutankhamun tickets around that time.

ok then, christmas in January sounds ok.

Why dont we have a fancy dress dive, let the scuba people judge and the winner gets a free snorkel or somefink??

Normally I hate fancy dress, but jumping in the pond in January i'll be happy to put on as many clothes as I can!

OK folks.. it's all booked up

Saturday 12th Jan - meet at 1pm at Chepstow for a fancy dress dive, prize of something ridiculous for the best fancy dress, we'll get you something good if you can actually dive in it!

Dinner in the evening in the snug at The Boat, their Christmas menu and they have a new chef. Bring a pressie worth around £10 that anyone in the gang could have a laugh it. If you bring a gift, you get a gift, if you don't you don't. Please don't use the fact that it's in January to bring some crap your granny gave you.... you know who you are ; )

Sunday - in traditional hung over fashion, we're running the first aid/CPR update, takes most of the day and will be at NDAC. Cost is £75, details on a separate thread. If yours it two years or more old, you need to update. If you've never done a first aid/CPR course, you should and this will do!

I've emailed you personally with an invite so please let me know if you'd like to come and if you're bringing any one. I'll get the menu out towards the end of November

We tried booking up paintballing and/or other stuff but it's d*** expensive and the wrong time of year.. maybe we'll do that for a summer do!

Looking forward to it

S

Pen and I have already got our pressies last week. I think we topped last years, if that is possible :D

Hey SaltFree,

Have fun there! Wish You lotsa pressies and good times!

Last edited:
Folks - I need your food orders, and a definite yay/nay if you are coming - the menu is

Menu - 3 courses is £18.95

Starters
Leek and Potato Soup
Game terrine with grapes and crusty bread
Atlantic prawn and crayfish cocktail

Mains
Roast crispy goose breast with bramley apple stuffing, confit pressed leg and a port jus

Turkey ballantine with chestnut stuffing and carved breast served with parsley mash and gravy

Pan fried salmon with wild mushroom fricasee, tempura of mussels and chive dressing

Cabbage and blue cheese risotto with pearl onions and truffle oil

Puds
Christmas pudding with brandy sauce
Caramelised lemon tart with vanilla ice cream
Dark chocolate torte with raspberry chantilly cream

Please tell me by 30 Nov - thanks

S

Hey,
Is anyone driving up to the do from London and has a space for a little person in the back?
Thanks

Brilliant thanks for organising it all Sam.

Starters
Game terrine with grapes and crusty bread

Mains
Roast crispy goose breast with bramley apple stuffing, confit pressed leg and a port jus

Puds
Dark chocolate torte with raspberry chantilly cream

Hi Sam,

Only me..Beth and William are seeing granny that weekend.

Prawn and Crayfish cocktail.

Goose

Christmas Pud.

See you all there !

Lammy

Have you still got ours that we wrote on that menu Sam?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT