• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Christmas party

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
names on the list are:

Sam
Mark H
Laura
Bryn
Alex
Hardest Dave
Rodin
Remi
Lammy Dave
Mark W
Orchid Dave
Ross
Lars and Leilani
Jason and Susan
Jon the Angel
Trev the Angel
Guy
Gordon

invites and details of the secret location will be going out next week so shout NOW if you want to come and your name's not down there....or if your name is there but the name of the person you wish to bring with you is not..

thanks

seasons greetings!!
Sam

Last edited:
please shout now if your name is not this list and you'd like to come. its on the 27th November at a secret location in Chepstow

thanks

Sam

the following should now have received more details of the christmas party, if not, let me know. If you are not on this list and would like to come, also let me know

Sam
Bryn
Alex
Mark H
Laura
Dave M
Rodin
David T
Remi
Mark W
David R
Ross
Guy
Gordon
Jason and Susan
John
Trev
Lars and Leilani

thanks

Sam

Hi Sam,
I have not received anithing yet.
Hope you had a god week-end. I wish I was there.
Rémi

Remi - I have sent you the details again

Everyone - the venue is the Boat Inn in Chepstow - I missed that off the invite rather stupidly!

something to do with the effects of cold and pressure on the brain

S

x

not had too many food orders yet - please can you all check the menu I sent you and let me know what you would like to eat asap
thanks

Sam

Sorry Sam,

Won't be able to make it. Much rather be diving and drinking than keeping the cold&flu remedy industry going..

New suit and fins too.....

David T

10 of us freediving, 19 of us for dinner - should be a bit of a party!

plan is to meet at NDC at mid day on Saturday, first top time around 1.30pm.

Dive
Get a little bit smart (dress code is nicked from Kirk Krack "dress nice")

Drink a couple of Christmas cheers
Eat some nice food (food at the Boat is Excellent!!)
Exchange our secret gifts
Talk rubbish for a while
and toddle of to a B and B

see you there

Sam x

Errr... This might sound like a stupid question but is anyone planning to go camping. Is the campsite still open ?

Guy

Angels rocking this weekend are Jason, John, Trev, Gordon and me - all safety diving.
Lars has temporarily left the dark side to freedive but will no doubt regroup at party time.
See you all there boys and girls.
Angelfish

Hi Guy, why not camping indeed :)
I have not booked any B and B yet, and was planning to drive home after the party, camping could be a better idea.
But I still don't have a tent (I should buy one this summer) do you have a spare one? or a large one?

Hi Remi.

Have got a spare tent and sleeping bag if you need it. I was also thinking about driving home after but will probably be pretty tired I reckon.

Guy

Last edited:
you guys are nutz! I am staying at Barbara's - is anyone else? might need to share a cab in and out of town to the pub.

Hmm... I wouldn't want to do it if we were going to sit around all night freezing, but going out for a meal before hopping into a toasty sleeping bag in a peaceful Welsh field can't be all bad.

Don't want to sound boring, but if you are wanting a cab from Barbara's, make sure you book it several hours / days in advance. Last year we were next door at Rosie's, and we phoned the cab firm at 6pm - they didn't have any cabs until after 9 that evening.

We managed to pick one up on the way home, though, after we'd left Jimmy Dean's.

It does not look too bad, what do you think Guy?
A bit of rain during the night, but not really cold

I have got a sleeping bag, thanks, I would be happy if I could just borrow a tent :)

Attachments

• chepstow_forecast.jpg
    chepstow_forecast.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 161
oh god are we going to Jimmy Deans?

girls girls - what you are wearing? I only have jeans...

don't forget to bring your secret santa gifts..... if you want one back that is

: )

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT