• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Circular band lenght!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I bet you can get those tunny with 130cm Alluminium with double 18 and 6.5-7 shaft. But if you have Ra in your area you can consider them as well

Hey,

I was a Eurospearo one lifetime ago. I use to live in Izmir, and frequented Bodrum, Cesme, Eski Izmir, etc etc. Some of these folks in here might have lived over there also if they have ever been in the military. I miss Turkey:waterwork and would love to have cay and dondurma again. Salam Aleykum balikadamlar ve hos geldiniz.

Last edited:
:)
hi Cingene, I usually spend my summer holidays at the places that you used to live. I'm very glad that you have seen our country and hope that you could come back again for some nice diving trips ;)

by the way where are you from?

Originally posted by Cingene
Hey,

I was a Eurospearo one lifetime ago. I use to live in Izmir, and frequented Bodrum, Cesme, Eski Izmir, etc etc. Some of these folks in here might have lived over there also if they have ever been in the military. I miss Turkey:waterwork and would love to have cay and dondurma again. Salam Aleykum balikadamlar ve hos geldiniz.

You mean "çay" ? What about þiþ kebabrofl

Cingene, do you know that your alias "Cingene" means gipsy in Turkish :D

Murat, I was logged into the site but away from the PC so did not see any of those posts.

I have a friend who caught a 13kg red snapper with 130 Alluminum. Only one set of bands though.

Originally posted by shaneshac
Murat, I was logged into the site but away from the PC so did not see any of those posts.

I have a friend who caught a 13kg red snapper with 130 Alluminum. Only one set of bands though.

I thought 130 cm gun with one set of bands is slow. Did he used shorter bands or standarts? I think 130cm Alluminium with double 18 and 6.5-7 mm shaft can do the bluewater stuff for med. Anyway i have long time to think about that:head

BTW what is your friend's band/shaft config what accurate range does he get?

Hey shaca, i send you pm but i think you did not get it.

Anyway... happy birthday:friday

Hashish Kebabs are the best.

130 gun setup was with Omer Max Power 20mm with s/steel threads and an omer 6.3mm shaft.

He said that he assumes it was about a 4 meter shot.

What is Hashish kebab???? Man are you gonna high???

Anyway 4 meter is not that great for 130 cm gun Memo. My 100 is already accurate at 4meter.

I know its not the longest shot for a 130cm but I think 13kg red snapper is a good shot at a nice 4m distance.

Yeah its good...

I thought you were talking about gun's range:duh

uh, back to the original question...

The rough rule is to measure the length of the barrel, take 5/8 of that distance and there's your band length before you tie it up.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT