• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Closest Spearfishing to Chicago

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Santiago

May 1, 2003
Hi,

Any idea on what is the closest way to get some nice spearfishing near Chicago?

Other than Lake Michigan if possible...

Many thanks!
Santiago

Santiago!!!

Your only a few short miles away from me. You also have two freedivers, and budding spearos, in your area. Maybe FREEDIVECHICAGO (aka Jim) will respond to you.

I was out last weekend with my regular buddy, Ted, on Pleasant Lake. That is a really nice lake just over the border from you by Lake Geneva- a lake which is owned almost entirely by rich people from the Chicago area.;)

There are many fine shipwrecks to freedive on in your area- including the brand new one they just sunk a month ago.

I dive out of Milwaukee quite a bit, and spend most of my time freediving there. I haven't tried spearing on Lake Michigan yet, but I sure do plan on it this summer.

There is an ever increasing core of freedivers in this area and I am always grateful to find one more!

Jon

Jon!

Thanks for both replies. It will be great to get together to do some freediving near here. Have you got any plans.

If you have time, please let me know about what interesting dives can be done in the area.

Many thanks!
Santiago

P.S.: I will e-mail Jim and ask as well.

Santiago,

I PM'd you with my number. Give me a call.

Jon

Hi
My name is Mina i am from Egypt i used to spearfish in the crystal clear waters of the red sea and now i am living in Northbrook and i am dreaming of some spearfishing

i would like to join anyone going spearfishing

please inform me of any spearfishing activities going on

Attachments

• IMG-20120331-00305.jpg
    IMG-20120331-00305.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG-20110806-00054.jpg
    IMG-20110806-00054.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 255
Hey all, any ideas where to buy spear fishing gear in the Chicago area? Hawaiian sling preferred. Thanks in advance for any information.

Hi
My name is Mina i am from Egypt i used to spearfish in the crystal clear waters of the red sea and now i am living in Northbrook and i am dreaming of some spearfishing

i would like to join anyone going spearfishing

please inform me of any spearfishing activities going on

Mina, did you ever find anyone? I live just north of the city and am interested in freediving/spearfishing, but noticed that the posts in this thread are a bit dated. Please let me know if you had any luck.

Thanks, Rob

Anyone who need some info about gear or spearfishing in Chicago let me KNOW, i also on spearboard by nickname OCEAN

Hey everyone, I am new to spearfishing and I go to school just south of Chicago at Olivet Nazarene University. I am looking for places I could spearfish at nearby and it would be awesome to meet more experienced people to go spearfishing with who can teach me the ropes and cool locations. So if anyone knows some places around Chicago and/or would like to go with me before it starts to get to cold please let me know.

Hey everyone lookin for someone to spearfish with I live downtown chicago

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT