• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

CMAS World Games 2011 cancelled!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Unofficial results for men:
1.Goran Čolak 250
2.Andrea Vitturini 223,65
3.Aldo Stradiotti 219
4.Michele Fucarino 212

Too many fishes running out the 200m wall over the last years. Some of them are almost close to 300m! Awesome!

Today the Static apnea show-off competition was held - no medals, but WR could be set, and there were some stunning performances, especially considering Branko Petrović's result.

Men
1. Branko Petrović 9:32 CMAS STA WR
2. Seguro 8:06

Women:
1.Sophie Jacquin 6:38 CMAS WR
2.Georgette Raymond 5:37

Last edited:
Today the Static apnea show-off competition was held - no medals, but WR could be set, and there were some stunning performances, especially considering Branko Petrović's result.

Men
1. Branko Petrović 9:32 CMAS STA WR
2. Seguro 8:06

Women:
1.Sophie Jacquin 6:38 CMAS WR
2.Georgette Raymond 5:37

Petrovic performance Is IMPRESSIVE. Congrats to' him.

Strange, that this result received so little attention. It has to be one of the best performances in competition of all times. If not the best? Anyway: congratulations to Branko.

Strange, that this result received so little attention. It has to be one of the best performances in competition of all times. If not the best? Anyway: congratulations to Branko.

I think best result in competitions so far was something like 9:04..

Maybe people didn't read the thread because the title doesn't suggest this news(completely misleading) or just feel alienated from CMAS :)
usually there's no respect for CMAS results on DB forums, just remember when Goran Colak made the best result in DYN on WCh in Aarhus(AIDA & CMAS results combined), but people were mostly talking of AIDA results, which were about 15m shorter.

true, very little attention... seems like many other freediving hot subjects (aida sled diving, aida WCs...) receive little attention in the past couple of months...

is interest in freediving falling or is it just the holiday season?

I think best result in competitions so far was something like 9:04..

Maybe people didn't read the thread because the title doesn't suggest this news(completely misleading) or just feel alienated from CMAS :)
usually there's no respect for CMAS results on DB forums, just remember when Goran Colak made the best result in DYN on WCh in Aarhus(AIDA & CMAS results combined), but people were mostly talking of AIDA results, which were about 15m shorter.

I read DB on a daily basis and missed the new STA results completely! So its probably due to the header. :)

I don´t think Gorans results were overlooked intentionally. Lot´s of people here has been competing for AIDA for many years so the CMAS results kinda got lost in the mass. Still Goran has really put CMAS back on the freediving map, as have Branko and Ilaria.

Still Goran has really put CMAS back on the freediving map, as have Branko and Ilaria.
I think that besides the athletes, the main thanks goes to the current president of the Apnea Commision of CMAS Levent Ucuzal who revived the dying discipline at CMAS, and effectively abolished the discriminative rule of banning AIDA competitors at CMAS events. And also to all those who promoted the cooperation of both federations in the past - the organizers of joint competitions (like Marseille Open, or Europe Evolution Cup). I think also the former president of AIDA, Bill Stromberg deserves some credits for his actions in this field. And then thank to the national federations who supported their freedivers regardless if they competed under CMAS or AIDA (I can speak for example for the FFESSM and the French AIDA who cooperate very nicely). And I hope that the global ranking at Apnea.cz that lists results of all freediving federations helps to eliminate the barriers among the federations too.

I think that today there are only very few national CMAS federations who still punish their freedivers for participating on AIDA events. So far I am aware only of the Italian FIPSAS, but let's hope that the reason prevails on the Apennine peninsula soon too.

In any way, congrats to all for their great results!

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT