Saturday, September 19, 2020
  • Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 43,000+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 510,000+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,450+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

co Kerry freedive/ spearfishing

mox1968

Sep 8, 2008
south west ireland
Hi ,

I live in Co Kerry and am looking to see if anyone would be interested in trying out freediving/ spearfishing from the area. I am a blow in from Scotland and surf fairly regularly and have a PADI open water qualification.
have not really any freediving or spearfishing experience but looking to see if there are any like minded individuals interested in having a go or whether there are any clubs or experienced people in the area??

OP
OP
M

mox1968

Sep 8, 2008
south west ireland
really????
Nobody at all !!!!! It amazes me that kerry with some of the most beautiful coastline in Europe , great surf etc and hardly anyone is into water sports here !!!

bombadil

Aug 8, 2013
Cork/Iraland
Hi.
All the spearos I know are using Facebook mostly. There are few guys living in Kerry, and I think you can easily join them in the water. There is a Spanish guy, former competition team member, who could give you some spearfishing lessons and he’s running an online spearfishing shop as well...
“Spearfishing and angling in Ireland”
Call them asap, as we have extremely good water conditions so far, and it’s not common even in summer...

barrytl

Mar 20, 2019
Cork, Ireland
Anyone train or dive down by West Cork direction? Just came home after a year in NZ, after getting hooked into the diving and spearfishing, would love to find someone to buddy with for the summer months.

bobdonny

Fighting Irish
Mar 16, 2010
Cork, Ireland
Hey folks, I'm in East cork but go to a few spots in West cork sporadically, would like to go more frequently, have you started?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2020 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Spearfishing and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT