• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Co2 - o2 tables training

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dimitris33

Dimitris G.Maroulakis
Nov 30, 2009
Hi,

I have downloaded the iphone apnea trainer which u enter the maximum breath hold time and creates automatically co2 and o2 tables for training (does these tables really help to increase breath hold time?).

Where is best to do this exercises? At bed or sitting on chair?

Also should I wear nose clip during static training or tables training or not?

Have noticed that I can hold my breath bit longer without nose clip rather than with nose clip...why??

Lots of questions...I just want to make it right!

Thanks!

Yes, tables do help.
I do them while laying down either on the floor or on the bed.
You probably have better breath holds without the nose clip because you're probably more relaxed without it on.

You probably have better breath holds without the nose clip because you're probably more relaxed without it on.
Well, the comfort may play some role too (though personally I can better relax with a noseclip), but the primary reason is that you get some oxygen into your body through the nose anyway. Not only you inhale some of it involuntarily, but paranasal sinuses absorb oxygen from air, and pass it to the blood in similar way as alveoli in lungs do. Of course, in much smaller scale, but it may help anyway. And the occasional tiny gulp of air that comes through, if you do not have any nose clip, helps certainly even more.

You can find diverse scientific works about gas exchange in the paranasal sinuses on the web - I just picked the abstract of first one I saw:
Studies of the gas exchange and pressure in the ma... [Rhinology. 1979] - PubMed result

I've got an android phone, is there an application for that one about?
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh stop it Trux, my nuts 'n bolts are falling off laughing rofl
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Rockie
thanks men!

trux, you rock man! I've seen your responses on almost every thread very helpfull, keep going man and hold your breath!

Reactions: Lehmann108
@trux: aha, but why we do not see any androids with a noseclip on? :)

@eveyone: What about safety? Is it any more dangerous to do static tables on your bed with the noseclip on? (no clear idea, but you would have a "closed airway"...)

S.

If your goal is pure training then you don't need a nose clip, just pinch your nose with one of your hands. That way if you Black Out (BO), you're quite likely to let go and have an open airway, provided your tongue isn't blocking your airway. It doesn't matter if it wastes a bit of energy because your aiming for hypoxia/hypercapnia.

If your going for a Personal Best (PB) you should record weather you plugged your nose or not, so you can see if you are actually improving under identical conditions. Be prepared for a bit of scorn if you don't bother to plug your nose seeing as it might be considered "cheating". If you feel more comfortable with your nose open then let it be, you're not competing with anyone but yourself.

When I first started to do tables and dry statics, I keep inadvertently breathing in a tiny bit at the end when the contraction got strong. I couldn't figure out if this was making a difference to my time or not, but I came to the conclusion it was. Even though it was a tiny amount of fresh air it still helped to lessen contractions. Now I just press my lips firmly together.

Yes but I think that holding your breath with a noseclip for personal records or practicing tables simulates best the condition in the water, so, its better to have lower times at dry land which will be about the same at sea than to have big times achievement at land and disapointment at sea!

Isnt correct?

Indeed i feel I cheat a little with my nose at the end when i'm trying my personal best.

Well, and I still don't know how someone can be more relax without a nose clip, having either to close your nose with your fingers (which is not really relaxing) or having to concentrate on not letting any air in or out of your open nose... Should really try the nose clip, maybe the feeling isn't the best at first, but after a while it really is relaxing not having to concentrate on the bloody nose!!!
xxxxxxx

If you own an iphone, open your itunes, get in the itunes store and search for "breath hold", then buy it, its quite cheap and you have the tables with you wherever you are!

the app is this one: Breath Hold iPhone App

as told is only for iphone,

dimi

Make your own tables in the 'Gymboss' app for free. Takes a few minutes to build a table but the price is right.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
for those who use to do co2 o2 workouts

I found excellent app to train CO2 and O2 static tables -
for iPhone/iPad/iPod devices

it is called "Apnea for free divers"

iphonescreens.png

tabswitch.png

following relevant links

appStore

App Site1

App Site2

Enjoy :inlove:inlove

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT