• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Colorado

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DiverDown

Mar 1, 2003
Are there any freshwater lakes or quarries in Colorado where one can freedive?

I'll be moving to Denver and would like to find something in the area if possible.

Diving colorado

Hi there Diverdown,
Well I am in New Mexico a close neighbour...Anyway if you are up for it I am going to Freedive a secret spot 2:00 hours form where I leave a bunch of people from Colorado usually scuba dive it... If you are interested in knowing more email me at
nico@bioexplorations.com
Cheers,

;)

Hey guys. Sounds like Blue Hole's in order.
bluehole.jpg

:D DiverDown. There are some lakes up in the mountains, but I've had noone to explore them with. Let me know when you plan on moving here.

Anderson

Blue hole yeah!!!

I feel a bit stupuid, that is not a secret spot I guess!!:duh
But hey I am in!!!
let me know guys.
later :D

YEEEHAWWW!

I'd just about given up on this post!! I'm here now and will have my dive gear this weekend (14-15 June). Unavailable until after the weekend of the 4th but an open to go anytime after that.

I live close to the Aurora reservoir and I understand many divers go there (any freedivers?) but I've heard there's not a whole lot of scenery (compared to Monterey, CA) and the water is often muddy.

I've read that Rifle Gap Reservoir has very clear water and they even allow spearfishing.

Be glad to meet up with you guys to dive!

Cheers,

Gary

Is this post still alive? I am a Hawaii transplant here in Denver for school, and am desperate to dive. If anyone out there is willing, I'll bring my gear from home on April 21. I'd like to go to one of the spearfishing meets in Utah or New Mexico this spring...

It seems it is alive. I just got a notification email. Thought the cobwebs on this post were getting a bit thick.

I'm in Broomfield. Just moved back out here from Florida. I'll definitely be participating in the Midwest Spearfishing tourneys this summer. I have a group that I go with but you're more than welcome to hook up with us. I don't have the current schedule. I know Willow Beach is on the 23rd of this month. I'll be in Florida for that one.

Anyways, feel free to email me at andrsnyork at yahoo dot com.

Later,
Andy

I am in boulder, I havent been free diving in colorado, i go to shcool out here. I do almoast all my diving home in wisconsin, but would like to do some around here.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT