• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Comanche vs. geronimo

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Hebs

Mar 31, 2007
Hi guys.

I´m looking to buy a speargun, and I've narrowed it down to either the comanche or the geronimo pro from Cressi. I was wondering if anybody had some insights regarding the difference compared to the price of the two guns. The geronimo pro is roughly twice as much as the comanche, but it also has the reel, and some cool features with adjustable grip and a new type of barrel with spear rail and open muzzle (how important is the open muzzle for aiming and adding rubbers?)

My question is if the geronimo and the extra features it is worth the extra bucks, or if I should just save the money and settle for the cheaper gun
Perhaps you would recommend another brand or specific gun?

Thanks for your reply

thats a tuff one, if you had said 75 i would say go for the comanche...as you really wont feel much difference in options with that length, but on a 100 i dont know...i have no experience with the geronimo at all...and if its double price, why not consider other brands like omer cayman HF2 or carbon models..?

Yes, it is a problem that not many people know anything about the geronimo. No reviews on it at all. It looks good, but I went with the Comanche 100. I was checking out the other top selling brands aswell, but the comanche seemed by far the cheapest and most popular gun. As a novice I think it will be a good starting gun.
Thanks for your reply

Dive deep and slay fishies

Hebs

oh sure the comanch is a great gun i have it in a 75 version and love it...a friend of mine has an apache (the comanche predecessor) and is using it for over 10 years now..still good...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT