• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Comments on Sporasub Stealth?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
:) amphibious, I have the stealth 110. I bought it at the end of the summer so i didn't have a good chance to put it through its paces,from what i did use of it though it works quite well with ample power. The stock shafts that come with it are junk but a friend of mine found me a high grade stainless tathitan shaft for it. On another note i do have the mares cyrano 750 which is the upgraded stealth. It is a great little gun for dirty water with more power than a comparable sized band gun. I have shot a lot of fish with that gun it is deadly with a five prong at close range 5'. I have shot a 18# bass with that gun and many tautog. it is very quick to reload when you get the technique down, I have even shot at a fish in a school,missed,reloaded and shot again underwater on a breathhold that is how fast it is to reload. I am a definite believer in pneumatics in the smaller sizes still trying to decide if the bigger ones have the same power as band guns in comparable size. they do manuver very nicely with no band vibration or resistance.

I'm looking for a gun to use in shallow rivers (<30ft) and HIGH current, often hunting in rapids. so a the streamlined nature of a pnumatic is apealing. what diameter is the shaft of your Cyrano? Stealth? most shots are within 10ft and around large rocks. I was using my smaller JBL guns, but they have just too much drag for the high current areas.

I have the stealth 85, I also have a mares medi sten 65, seacsub asso 75, 90 and 130. Pneumatics offer great power for their size. Even the smaller guns are quite capable of going through very large fish at short range. Last year a stock stealth was responsible for the capture of a 250+kg bluefin tuna. People criticise pneumatics for their noise and maintenance complexity. In fact they are easy to maintain... they come apart very quickly and the parts that typically require replacement are common size O rings. Best advice for using pneumatics.... rinse carefully after use, keep them away from sand!

tamoshee, are you talking about the tuna they shot in spain? ( i think it was spain) because that gun was highly modified it had a kit to make it shoot dry and a modification to up the pressure in the barrel. I belive the kit to make it shoot dry( no water resistance) is called the "mamba" kit. I have been kicking around buying one but the info online is all in spanish or italian. Does anybody elese know about these kits?

tamoshee, how is it to load the 130 cm gun? I have the 110 and it is just about difficult to load but I finally got it down. I am about 5'10 and dont consider myself weak(many years at the gym)

amphibious the shaft is 7mm the beauty of the short guns is thst it is almost impossible to bend a 30" shaft

Btrone - here is the Maori sub Mambe site : http://www.maorisub.it/

They have some English on it - think that Shane on this forum has bought the 90cm mamba gun - you can check out his videos on pescasub (you have to become a member -= free - but you can hear the distinct 'ping' that the mamba gun makes.)

Hope that helps.
Ed

http://www.pescasub.com/modules.php?name=Downloads
(Shane Shacaluga videos and also Maorisub videos in the download section...)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT