• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

COMPETITION: Fish of the Month (UK Mainland)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
We are proud to announce that a new series of competitions are being announced here on DeeperBlue.net - the Fish of the Month!

The idea of the competition is to have a friendly little monthly competition for our regional members and give them a chance to win some prizes and kudos!

The overall competition is being sponsored by Spearo.co.uk for the UK & Ireland and Channel Islands Fish of the Month.

There are monthly prizes and an annual prize, all of which will be voted on by you - the members.

So without further ado - here are the details for the UK & Ireland Fish of the Month Competition:

Start Date
Entries will be accepted from 1st April (and no - this isn't an April Fools).

The Rules
  1. Entrant must have posted at least 5 times at or before the last day of the previous month to the current competition.
  2. All entries to be accompanied by a photo. The photo must contain an item (e.g. a local newspaper) dated on the date of the catch.
  3. All species are included except scallops(crabs and lobsters are OK) and BSA minimum size limits should be observed.
  4. All entries must be in by 23:59hrs GMT on 2nd of following month. (e.g. April entries to be in by 2nd May)
  5. All winners chosen by popular vote on poll. A draw will result in the first posted entry winning
  6. Voting will last for 5 days once poll has been set up.
  7. You can enter as many times as you like every month but you will be asked to nominate which entry to forward to the poll
  8. In the event of there being 20 or more individuals entering the competition a short list of 20 will be chosen by DeeperBlue.net staff
  9. All decisions made by DeeperBlue.net staff are final
Prizes
There are numerous types of prizes. Monthly winners will get T-Shirts (either from DeeperBlue.net, Seven Tenths or Fourth Element). The annual prize is being donated from Spearo.co.uk

Last edited:
Reactions: glowworm
Sounds fun...Can you ban Wilpower...he's too good?!roflroflrofl

Sorry Big Willi!

Ben

Don't worry Ben i think Will's location will be all the help needed.:)

Rules are simple but any questions please ask.

Reactions: spaghetti
Nice idea guys. Cheers also to Spearo Dave for stumping up the annual prize....
Right you newts...time to get diving!rofl:ko

Yea Mr Wallace the Oatmeal savage wasnt to happy with Eddie either:martial. never mind, at least you got the grand slam:friday,

At least the Jocks stuck up for themselves! We just went out and won the battle of Agincourt for him :( Still a win at Twickers makes up for it once in a while :friday

Well today’s the day, any of you coastal dwellers getting in to see if you can be the first one with a big fish picture.
Flyflicker I can’t believe you’re staying dry?

Had some hope for this week , but its gusty today and the sea will be like houmous for a long while :yack:yack:yack

I hope Cuttlefish are included otherwise im gonna feel like a right tit:)

shot this chappy to the right of the reef. he just swam straight under me and took off like a rocket, There was black clouds of ink everywhere I cant believe how much ink come out of them, started freaking me out a bit with all the colours it kept changing but all I could see were breadcrumbed strips with squeezed lemon and new pototoes rofl

Attachments

• fom1.JPG
    fom1.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 268
  • fom2.JPG
    fom2.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 261
It has to be a winner just for the comedy value! A good friend of mine shot one a few years back and watching him try to deal with it was hilarious...

Well done Scott.

Had a fairly productive day today. Tried 2 different locations and to my surprise i got lucky on both. nothing huge but 4 fish on my first day of the year isnt bad. Lovely day for it too. Hope there isnt a problem with the date on the tv guide had it on tomorrows page.oops!!!!
Good job on the cuttle scott. Ive never even seen one in irish waters. Bet it tasted good too.:)

Hit the 2 plaice on my second location within 5 minutes of eachother. the ragworm are breeding so it perfect season for plaice lads. There everywhere!!
The pollock.........well what can i say, there pollock, but there back. A sign of nice weather anyway!!!

Happy huntin'
Johnny.

Attachments

• IMG_0947 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0947 (Medium).jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0952 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0952 (Medium).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 286
Reactions: scottwilson
Nice one Johnny, good days fishing. Hope the weather holds I'm itching to get out at the weekend.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT