• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Composite Fin maintanance...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Memo

Sep 1, 2003
Hi all,

I read an article about silicon treatment on composite fins and tried to apply it on my waterways... as you all know we abuse fins :D and they are full of hunting scars like this...

r1.JPG

r2.JPG

I used a cockpit restorer as its made of silicon but any spray silicon will even be better... Check out the pics of application..
r3.JPG

r4.JPG

and the result!

r5.JPG

r6.JPG

footpockets look like new!
r7.JPG

The silicon leaves a film over the material and it is NOT greasy (although it looks like). That layer stays on the fins and it is not that easy to remove even in the sea...

I use silicone on the rubber protions of my fins as well, a product from Turtle Wax called 2000 or something. keeps the rubber from cracking after long exposure in the sun, seems to make my gear last longer.

I took this silicon tip from XXONE fins site. So they have to know something...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT